Prescription moisture chamber glasses ziena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescription moisture chamber glasses ziena

I just called and got 3 pairs of glasses to try the neareus, sea crest and the panhead by 7 eye. I’m going to try them on and then make a decision on which ones to buy them send them my script. I finally felt stable enough to get a refraction and to buy glasses. So once I get my pair from lens crafters, and I’m sure this new script is good, I’ll order the moisture chamber glasses and post how I feel about them. I’m happy I finally can get a pair of these. I wear glasses so it’s been hard to cover my eyes...I wear those giant clear 3m goggles for science labs. Plus, I’ll actualy be able to wear these glasses when I drive and go outside. Should help me heal also.

I just tried them all on...Nereus, sea crest and panhead....so the panheads will be great for sunglasses. As for glasses, I need the sea crest, with the Nereus silicone piece otherwise I don’t get a seal. However, I’m glad that it looks like I’ll get two pairs of moisture chambers.

I was waiting on my prescription from lens crafters, they did a killer job refracting me. The optometrist knew more about dry eye than half the doctors I saw. Very pleased with the glasses but I’m still going to wait it out to make sure the prescription is perfect.

I want to add that getting the glasses has made my eyes more comfortable. I didn’t realize because of the injury/debridement/dryness, that my old prescription was so off. I just got used to it over the past year. But I was squinting mildly and didn’t even know it. So once I got the glasses, my face muscles relaxed a lot. I have a mild headache, which is beyond normal for a nrew script. But my eyes feel better because they’re not in a permenant squint. My left eye is much sharper and colors are brighter. So that lifted my mood yesterday. I’m finally seeing the detail I had been missing since this all started and my vision is more balanced which is friendlier on my brain. I didn’t realize how much of my depression was related to seeing poorly. The double vidion has gone down a lot in the left eye. Things are slowly improving....very slowly.
    Last edited by Dowork123; 19-Sep-2018, 04:42.

Comment

Alright I’ve had these glasses for a while now, here’s my take. The seacreast were not meant for my face, even though they felt good during the 10 day trial. They are for an Asian face, I am European. When I retried the Nereus recently, I realize that’s the frame I should have bought.

As as far as comfor and durability. The comfort is acceptable, they’re bordering on being a bit heavy. However, that weight, although not attractive, makes up for it by increasing the strength of the frame. I have slept in these purposely on many occasions. The nose pieces don’t move. The frame doesn’t seem stressed or warped. Literally the most durable pair of glasses I’ve ever owned.

Since I love them, I decided to try a different frame by 7eye, the ventus. I wanted these because another issue with the ziena frames is loss of peripheral vision. The frosted eye cups make it impossible for me to track someone walking behind me or next to me. It takes an adjustment. So I thought. Let’s do wraparound motorcycle glasses. Then I’ll have my periphery. Well, they told me my prescription may be too high but they would try to make them. Now I get why you can’t do that. It makes everything look like a fishbowl. And when I turn my head at all, I get sick from the movement. There’s no adjustment period, it warps everything you see.

BUT, I can sleep in these even better. Because they wrap around, when I bury my head in the pillow, the rigid frame keep the edges from mashing into my eye and opening it. These have been better than any night time protection I’ve tried besides tape. Im so happy I dont have to tape my eyes anymore. So even though the glasses were a bust, I’m still able to use them. Serendipity lead me to this amazing night protection option. Just wanted to throw it out there. A non prescription pair is 100 bucks and wirth a shot if other night time protection has failed.

All in all, I would say these are literally one of the best purchases I’ve made. It’s taking some trial and error to figure out what I need. But it’s actuslly been worth it even at 1200 bucks for 3 pairs, still cheap compared to drops and other items AND it’s not ******g a problem it’s literally helping to prevent one, tear evaporation.

Good of luck and yes, I recommend these a thousand times over. I’ll update to confirm the Nereus is as perfect as I expect them to be as soon as I get a chance to wear them.

Comment

Working...
      X