No announcement yet.

IPL for Lasik induced dry eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an update for one week after my IPL.

Since my IPL I had a few rough days. I drank a few beers on Sunday and that was a big mistake. Anyway, I think my right eye is a bit better but the left eye is still bothering me. Still trying to stay hopeful that the 4th IPL do the trick. My doctor told me some people require 6 to 8 IPL. My next IPL is next Thursday.

I also booked an appointment for Prokera on Nov 21th for the left eye.

Comment

Originally posted by ebi1368 View Post
      Just an update for one week after my IPL.

Since my IPL I had a few rough days. I drank a few beers on Sunday and that was a big mistake. Anyway, I think my right eye is a bit better but the left eye is still bothering me. Still trying to stay hopeful that the 4th IPL do the trick. My doctor told me some people require 6 to 8 IPL. My next IPL is next Thursday.

I also booked an appointment for Prokera on Nov 21th for the left eye.
      You may have said this before but i missed it. How long are you waiting between each IPL? I am on IPL #3. I did one. Waited 4 weeks. Did another and waited 3 weeks. Did number 3. Now i get the next 6 weeks after that. Im seeing a lot of improvement overall. Left eye is still bothersome. It seems yours are not far apart.

For me it took time to really see the benefits. I didnt get immediately better.

Comment

Originally posted by edmunder View Post

You may have said this before but i missed it. How long are you waiting between each IPL? I am on IPL #3. I did one. Waited 4 weeks. Did another and waited 3 weeks. Did number 3. Now i get the next 6 weeks after that. Im seeing a lot of improvement overall. Left eye is still bothersome. It seems yours are not far apart.

For me it took time to really see the benefits. I didnt get immediately better.
        I am doing one every two weeks.
        My doctor said she had better success with patient when they were doing every two weeks. Did your doctor suggested theses timelines?

Comment

I am just coming out of doctor office. He did a lipiview.

My left eye went from 38 to 50. My right eye went from 70 to 35.

Does anybody know why?
          When I did my first lipiview I had temporary plug. Does it affect the lipid layer?

I should also add that my blinking is much better now. I do not know the exact number but I have less partial blinking.
          Last edited by ebi1368; 01-Nov-2018, 09:30.

Comment

I am quadra plugged and IPL has helped so no the plug does not affect the lipid layer.

Comment

Working...
            X