X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPL for Lasik induced dry eye

Hi

I did my first IPL today.
    I am 6 month out lasik and have rosacea.

The IPL was OK but the expersion after was not fun. My left eye was quit like toothpaste. Right eye was much better. I am still in pain. Do not know when it gets better. My eyes are so dry.

Next time they are going to increase the IPL intensity. Will Update this thread later.

You might also want to consider Prokera as well, the theory is that Lasik might have damaged some of the nerves , and Prokera can help heal them.

Comment

Do you know any doctor in Canada doing pokera?

Comment

ebi1368 I believe Dr. Avinashi at Hollyburn Eye Clinic does it (North Vancouver). At least, he mentioned it to me in the spring. If I were you, I would call them up and ask. Their front stuff may not know the details but you can ask them to discuss it with Dr. Avinashi and call you back. You told me earlier that you were coming to Vancouver for sclerals anyway so it could be a good time. The only thing is that his booking fill up somewhat fast (like a two week wait usually).

Comment

Originally posted by ebi1368 View Post
          Do you know any doctor in Canada doing pokera?
          Yes, which city?

http://dryeyetoronto.com

Comment

Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post

Yes, which city?

I am in Calgary.

I had an appointment with Seema yesterday. They never mentioned Prokera to me.

Do you know anyone having success with this treatment?

Comment

Originally posted by hopeful_hiker View Post
              ebi1368 I believe Dr. Avinashi at Hollyburn Eye Clinic does it (North Vancouver). At least, he mentioned it to me in the spring. If I were you, I would call them up and ask. Their front stuff may not know the details but you can ask them to discuss it with Dr. Avinashi and call you back. You told me earlier that you were coming to Vancouver for sclerals anyway so it could be a good time. The only thing is that his booking fill up somewhat fast (like a two week wait usually).
              Thanks I will them a call. Yes I will be in Vancouver this Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post

Yes, which city?

Have you tried Prokera? if yes can you share your experince?

Comment

Have you tried Prokera? if yes can you share your experince?
                  I have minor staining (1), persistent trace SLK, constant foreign body sensation, and symptoms that didn't represent my clinical signs. I did Prokera in my OS, post-Prokera, clinically there was no significant difference, however, symptomatically, I think I improved approx 20%. The severity and frequency of my foreign body sensation definitely decreased. I do believe it helped heal my nerves a bit. I am considering a second round of Prokera at this point.

Comment

I did my second IPL on Friday. This time was much easier especially after the procedure. My gland were expressing more easily. I am doing the third round next Wednesday.

Comment

Thanks for sharing good news. How about your gritty feeling, hopefully gone.

Last edited by MGD1701; 10-Oct-2018, 15:02.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
                        Thanks for sharing good news. How about your gritty feeling, hopefully gone.
                        Th e gritty sensation is gone.

The other problem I have is that I was expressing my gland last night with Q-Tip, and I think I scratched my cornea. I am going to see my doctor but I am in so much pain right now. I would never do expression myself ever again

Comment

sorry to hear that. Hope not too serious.
                          Massage: Dr Korb recommends to squeeze lids, for your info.

Comment

My third IPL

Yesterday I did my third IPL. It was less painful than previous times. My doctor told me that all my upper gland are expressing good oil. There is still thick oil in lower gland. She says I am improving. I was able to come to work today after my third IPL treatment however my eyes were sore for a week after my first IPL. I can not say there is much difference between my second and third IPL.

One question, I read in this forum we do not need all the gland to be working to have a good lipid layer. I was told that all my upper gland are working. 50% of my lower gland are working as well. Are not they sufficient to have good lipid layer?

I know I have partial blinking. Is it because of nerves or etc. She also did a test and concluded I have no problem with my cornea sensation.

I also asked her about Prokera and she said, she does not think it is going to help me. It is the third doctor saying that but I am going to try it anyway.

Comment

My third IPL

Yesterday I did my third IPL. It was less painful than previous times. My doctor told me that all my upper gland are expressing good oil. There is still thick oil in lower gland. She says I am improving. I was able to come to work today after my third IPL treatment however my eyes were sore for a week after my first IPL. I can not say there is much difference between my second and third IPL.

One question, I read in this forum we do not need all the gland to be working to have a good lipid layer. I was told that all my upper gland are working. 50% of my lower gland are working as well. Are not they sufficient to have good lipid layer?

I know I have partial blinking. Is it because of nerves or etc. She also did a test and concluded I have no problem with my cornea sensation.

I also asked her about Prokera and she said, she does not think it is going to help me. It is the third doctor saying that but I am going to try it anyway.
                              Really happy for you, pls keep us posted!

Yes, my glands produce good clear liquid secretions according to my doctor, but I have terrible TBUT. The theory is that I have decent quality but low volume production.

You could still benefit from Prokera, Prokera can heal the nerves, even if you don't have any staining. I definitely feel a lot better in terms of foreign body sensation after my Prokera. I am planning to do a second repeat Prokera in the same eye.

Comment

Working...
                              X