Dry eye and allergyies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eye and allergyies?

I have dry eye and on ikervis but have had trouble with my eyes and inflammation again. On examination my doctor lifted my lids up and found small white bumps under them which is a sign of an allergy. I have been given a mass cell stabilizer to try Olopatadine. Anyone been on this and how long did it take to work? Any one else had these small white bumps under there lids?

I think the small bumps are called papillary.

Comment

Yes, papillae. Could also be from mechanical stress (from dryness) according to my optometrist. However, most sources agree on allergies.

Mine were present before the allergy season so I think it was both allergies and mechanical stress / dry eye inflammation.

Comment

Matt: try catacrom im also inflicted with dry eye x allergies. That helps me so far, I haven't gotten the chance to try ikervis is it any help for you?

Comment

Thanks. I have been given the Olopatadine to use 3 times a day if they isn't too much improvement after 2 weeks I am to use fml.

Comment

Originally posted by epicjinx View Post
            Matt: try catacrom im also inflicted with dry eye x allergies. That helps me so far, I haven't gotten the chance to try ikervis is it any help for you?
            Ikervis has helped yes. But the inflammation has come back not sure if dryness or allergy causing it.

Comment

Originally posted by hopeful_hiker View Post
              Yes, papillae. Could also be from mechanical stress (from dryness) according to my optometrist. However, most sources agree on allergies.

Mine were present before the allergy season so I think it was both allergies and mechanical stress / dry eye inflammation.
              Do you take a drop for allergies? My eyes never itched did yours?

Comment

Hi Matt
                Do you have red eyes?
                Last edited by MGD1701; 20-Oct-2018, 12:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt0029 View Post

Do you take a drop for allergies? My eyes never itched did yours?
                  Only if I have a full blown allergy reaction. For example, if I touch a cat and then my face then yes, completely bloodshot horror movie eyes and extreme itchiness.

With seasonal allergies I did not feel itchiness, burning or anything else, really. However, doctors could see signs in my eyes.

Comment

Hi Hopeful_hiker
                    how did your doctors detect signs in your eyes? lift upper lids? coonjuncatival staining? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
                      Hi Matt
                      Do you have red eyes?
                      I have allergy to dusts/pollen, done test by skin doctor who said mine is not serious so medication is not required.
                      (i.e. immediate watery when dusts, pollen present) but actually no any eye doctors detected it.
                      I dont have red nor itchy eyes.
                      They can go red yes. I have been on the mass cell stabilizer for 2 weeks now. And eyes are still red. I had
                      papillary.under my upper lids. And inflammation of my eyes last time I saw my eye doctor. Because of the papillary its not clear cut if its dryness or an allergy that is causing the inflammation. Its confusing.

Comment

Hi Matt
                        I just remember, one opinion leader, Dr Neda Shamie mentioned
                        ''chronic papillary conjunctivitis in upper palpebral conjunctiva that is poorly respondent to topical lubrication and steroids....''
                        not sure if it is related?? details read #2, with a short video showing papillary??? - just for info ---
                        http://forum.dryeyezone.com/forum/dr...time_lastmonth

Best is to identify triggers, allergy test should be helpful.
                        Last edited by MGD1701; 05-Oct-2018, 11:46.

Comment

Thank you. I have been on a mass cell stabilzers for 2 weeks. Olopatadine. Things have been abit better maybe abit less inflammation. I was told to then use fml after 2 weeks if no improvement or marginal improvement. So unsure what to do. Follow up is 2 weeks off. it's unclear if it's dryness or an allergy causing the papillary I think

Comment

Last edited by MGD1701; 20-Oct-2018, 12:59.

Comment

Bump. My provider recently diagnosed me with papillae under both eyelids. Some kind of allergy. Prescribed me Olopatadine HCL drops. The medication is supposed to help me tolerate my scleral lenses for longer since I'm unable to wear them as much as I'd like due to discomfort when blinking after prolonged use.

Just wondering what other peoples' experiences are with this condition and the medication. I'm a little concerned since I believe it has BAK which can be harmful with prolonged use, and it's also an antihistamine. My experience with over the counter antihistamines like Zyrtec is that they are extremely drying.

Grateful for your thoughts. FYI, besides the lens wear issue I'm not sure I can detect any other symptoms of this allergy. Also, these papillae bumps are new within the last couple months even though I've had dry eyes for a year post-LASIK.

Comment

Working...
                              X