Sleep moisture goggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alix View Post
    I think that my evaporative dry eye condition is so bad now, that the moisture goggles would not work.
    I just don't know what else it could be, other than allergy. Only one doctor I have seen up till now has said this could be a possibility.

I am thinking I have a combination of EDE and allergy.
    At one point Alix I had two glands on each eye producing oil. Thats it. I was in suicidal pain. Goggles made it feel MUCH better. Not great, but I could function.

Have you put on a swim mask or unvented lab goggles? I wear lab goggles 24/7 now and not much discomfort. Especially for a couple hours after I wake my eyes feel fine with goggles on. Now im not sayingits fun going to the supermarket in lab goggles but you have to just let go of all that and. Without my glasses and the fog inside i canbarely see. But i still drive a little and go to restaurants and supermarkets. Thats why sclerals are talked about. Less funny looking.

Comment

Hi Alix
      allergy, didn't your doctor lifted your upper lids to examine, normally this can detect allergy, I think.
      If you suspect it, maybe good to do skin tests etc. or pay attenion if you eyes react to some specific things so you can avoid them.

goggle: maybe you need to explore different methods or brands.

Gel: perhaps you could try other brands of gel.
      Last edited by MGD1701; 20-Oct-2018, 12:55.

Comment

@MGD1701 Yes they looked under my upper eyelids and said there was mild irritation.

I am interested in getting tested for allergies for peace of mind, but my eyes don't itch, which is why allergy has been dismissed in the past.

Comment

Edmunder, I wouldn't be able to wear goggles in the daytime as I have to wear glasses. I'm persevering with the night goggles in the hope that they are doing some good even if it doesn't feel like it....

Comment

Alix
            allergy - my eyes immedate are watery when pollen, dusts present.
            Last edited by MGD1701; 11-Oct-2018, 14:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Alix View Post
              I think that my evaporative dry eye condition is so bad now, that the moisture goggles would not work.
              I
              Have you tried them?
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

@MGD1701 My eyes are never itchy or watery, they are red and burning. The only time they got itchy was when I had punctal plugs put in, I had to have them removed as they caused more eye irritation.

Hi Rebecca yes I have used moisture goggles at nighttime 4 or 5 times now, and my eyes look and feel exactly the same in the morning - dry and burning, despite extreme condensation on the skin around my eyes and under the goggles themselves.

Comment

Hi Alix
                  sorry to hear hat you are still experiencing discomfort.
                  What tests, diagnose you got from the dry eye center and their treatment plan, if I may ask.
                  I know they have MMP-9 and treat demodex too. Wonder if they suspected demodex??
                  Is your cornea ok due to the burning?

Ikervis - have you tried it yet?

punctal plugs, do you feel difference without plugs apart from irritation?

Comment

MGD1701 I had Lipiview at the dry eye centre and their diagnosis is MGD due to partial blinking. I hardly have any glands left. The treatment plan is steroid drops, doxycycline and then Ikervis if there is no improvement. I am planning to start using this soon as there has been no improvement.

Not a single doctor has mentioned demodex so far. Is it something that can be detected using the usual machines at hospitals or does it require a specific one?

It was a relief to have the plugs removed, there was nothing positive about having them in, my eyes became itchy and more bloodshot. Now there is no itchiness.
                    Last edited by Alix; 13-Oct-2018, 00:21.

Comment

Hi Alix
                      sorry to learn of your gland loss. Then it is important to make sure the rests are in a good shape.

How about your osmolarity, lipid layer thickness/LLT, secretion (tooth-paste, clear etc) and any gland blockage?
                      These are important info. because the sooner to make gland function, the earlier you can feel relief etc.

LipiFlow removed obstruction and helped about 65% in about 2 months.

Dr did not recommend treatment like IPL, BlephEx, probing, expression etc??

demodex: I assume dry eye clinic checked this - some doctors pick up some suspected lashes and check.
                      Last edited by MGD1701; 20-Oct-2018, 12:57.

Comment

All they said that is that the lipids were of poor quality and were not spreading properly due to partial blinking.
                        I was told Lipiflow is not regarded as effective, while IPL has limited results - it was up to me to try but my symptoms may not improve.

I have not asked about probing or expression, nobody has suggested it so far.

Comment

Good to know if the issue is only poor oil quality - then doxy should work.

Many reports show and people in the forum said LipiFlow and IPL work/help.
                          If not, likely there are other issues which doctors fail to detect (why? lacking of objective testings/data).
                          Some doctors do not express glands after IPL - then limited or NO results.
                          Last edited by MGD1701; 13-Oct-2018, 15:37.

Comment

Working...
                          X