Full Thickness Skin Grafts on Lower Eyelids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Thickness Skin Grafts on Lower Eyelids

Two months ago, I had lower eyelid full thickness skin graft (FTSG) surgery due to skin deficiency from previous eye surgeries to correct ectropion. The skin deficiency caused lagophthalmos and severe dry eye. I consulted several oculoplastic surgeons who recommended these grafts to correct my problem. The surgeon who did my surgery has no photos of healed skin grafts to show me as his patients have not provided him consent to show their photos.

I’ve been searching very hard on the Internet for photos of what these grafts may look like after they heal, but I cannot find any. I’ve even called a few oculoplastic surgeons asking them to show me some photos, but none of them will. I am going nuts trying to find peace of mind that I will not look like I currently do for the rest of my life. Has anyone had any experience with FTSG surgery on their lower eyelids, or do you know of someone who would be willing to share a photo of how their FTSG healed?

I am scheduled for a second surgery next month to properly place my lateral canthi in their correct positions so I will be able to blink and close my eyes completely.

My nightmare was caused by choosing the wrong surgeon to fix my ectropion.

Thanks very much.

Working...
X