Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cornea neuralgia as a result of refractive surgery or corneal trauma.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopeful_hiker View Post

No, I wasn’t. My eyes were dry because I had electric heating on constantly and I was using heartburn medication that may have caused mild dryness. In any case, my eyes were on the dryer side and my room’s humidity was probably like 25% at best. So when I slept I started to feel roughness (probably had staining already on cornea at that point). When I placed a pillow on my face it reduced the sensation but in retrospect it was a terrible idea to press dry eyes with something without any lubrication.
    You didn’t know at the time, the idea makes sense. I had dry eye for years and had no clue until I look back on it now. I think I saw you took rabeprazole (aciphex correct?)...I took that drug for many years. I stopped taking it and adjusted my diet and thankfully cane off a couple years back. I’m wondering if that played any role in this also? Interesting to hear you say that though.

Comment

https://watermark.silverchair.com/sl...-UYSVEg03MJ0TQ

lack of sleep causes inflammation and increased pain. Yeah, tell me about it. I have only slept more than 4 hours maybe a handful of times in this last year.

this further supports the idea that sleep apnea is directly related to floppy eyelid syndrome. Increased MMP inflammatory markers destroy the collagen in the lids and make them elastic (floppy). That’s the idea that’s been proposed, haven’t found any studies with a direct link yet.

I used to skeep 10 hours a day, 8 minimum. I know that if I could sleep, I would feel much better.

Comment

Dowork123 Around the onset of my dry eye I had a two week insomnia. I am sure that did not help. Wish I had a time machine. Does dryness wake you up?

Comment

Dowork123 Around the onset of my dry eye I had a two week insomnia. I am sure that did not help. Wish I had a time machine. Does dryness wake you up?

Comment

Originally posted by hopeful_hiker View Post
            It can, but I don’t think it has in a while because I’ve been taping my eyes. When I had no clue sleep was the problem, I was waking up multiple times per night just completely red and painful eyes. I couldn’t use gel or ointment, so I just put drops in every two hours when I would wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
              ebi1368 yes I left the lasik group pretty quick.

Talking to people who are sure they have neuropathy most either
              - Are like me and feel severe pain 24/7 even with their eyes shut. Literally no relief even from drops.
              - Or they have some sort of severe burning or feeling of cuts in their eyes despite there being no/little staining that fluctuates in pain level.

Most people with neuropathy are suicidal from their level of pain and may get their dry eye better in terms of lipid layer or tbut but feel no relief.

Overall it's hard to tell when dry eye becomes neuropathy...I don't think anyone can tell you that you have it for sure but it's more a gut feeling. My eyes were dry to start with and that pain was bad but now they feel very different - enough so that I would kill myself if I can't find relief.
              Brilliant post. I am at this stage. Years and years I have this disease and only now some doctor suggested that I have neuropathic eye pain.

You are right, I often thought about suicide because no treatment helped and all hope was gone. The pain stayed.

Now I got prescribed Nortriptyline and pharmacies around here don't have it in stock - trrouble with delivery.

when will all this end?

On July 25th I will get confocal miscroscopy

Comment

Working...
              X