Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cornea neuralgia as a result of refractive surgery or corneal trauma.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ebi1368 View Post

Do you know if Prokera helps that?
    My doctor keep telling it doesn’t help me and he is reluctant to try it on me.
    Propera might help you, only way to know is to try honestly. But your serum has everything the amniotic membrane has. The only difference is the membrane sits on the eye 24/7. The serum drains out of your eye. But they both have all the growth factors, substance p, fibrobectin, etc. In my opinion, prokera would be redundant and possibly painful. I personally won’t put a foreign object in my eye if I can avoid it...that includes a scleral. Although, I’m probably not left with any choice on that matter soon.

Comment

Originally posted by edmunder View Post

i think that menthol feeling are your nerves firing that something is wrong on your eye. I read a very good article that when the tear film isn’t correct on the eye the temperature changes and causes a person to blink. But when that doesnt help, over time as the cornea is open to air and damage the nerves suffer damage. Do that long enough and there is some level of neuropathy.
      When I was talking to python finder during his time here, he told me that Hamrah said that gritty feeling is nerves firing off improperly. I know my grittiness is helped a lot by serum. I’m sure most of our sensations are overactive nerves or hypersensitivity due to the exposure. So I agree with that mostly.

Comment

I have to get Scleral at some point as my vision is not great. I just wanted to resolve the root cause of this dry eye if possible.

Comment

I have to get Scleral at some point as my vision is not great. I just wanted to resolve the root cause of this dry eye if possible.
          I think that if you’re inflammation is under control and you’re in serum...you’re already treating it, it’s just going to take time. That doesn’t mean quit searching for avsets or better therapy. But sometimes it just takes time...which is a hard pill to swallow when you suffer this badly.

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=ZSruemIy0iQ

Comment

My Doctor did cornea sensation testing for me yesterday. She told me my cornea sensation is fine. Does it mean, that I do not have cornea neuralgia?

Thanks

Comment

My Doctor did cornea sensation testing for me yesterday. She told me my cornea sensation is fine. Does it mean, that I do not have cornea neuralgia?

Thanks
                Not exactly, but it’s a really really good sign. You could have hyperalgesia, your nerves could be firing for no reason....sadly it’s not cut and dry. But again, it’s a good sign. I remember when I first started taking my serum, my corneas were almost numb. The cold serum would hit my eye and there would be no reaction. Now when the cold drop hits the eye, I feel it. Sometimes my lids close or Ijerk a bit. Especially if it catches me off guard. So I believe my corneal sensitivity is good, maybe too good. Because I’m sensing normal stimulus as noxious.

I could be wrong. This could all just be extreme evaporation and dry eye...but I need to find an answer. That’s why I posted the thread. I may find out this was no big deal...in which case the thread is still very useful for someone in my position, that reads it in the future.

Full discolsure, I write these threads for the people who have yet to have a problem, or those looking for an answer like myself. I’m not doing this to seem smart or cool. I’m not trying to put together medical literature. I’m not qualified to do that. I just want to discuss ideas that may clue someone into to more research. Research that may help them eventually find some help.

im at the ENT right now seeing if my right eye burning/pain/headaches are related to my sinuses. If it is, god I’ll be happy. That’s an easier fix than corneal nerve damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post

Not exactly, but it’s a really really good sign. You could have hyperalgesia, your nerves could be firing for no reason....sadly it’s not cut and dry. But again, it’s a good sign. I remember when I first started taking my serum, my corneas were almost numb. The cold serum would hit my eye and there would be no reaction. Now when the cold drop hits the eye, I feel it. Sometimes my lids close or Ijerk a bit. Especially if it catches me off guard. So I believe my corneal sensitivity is good, maybe too good. Because I’m sensing normal stimulus as noxious.

I could be wrong. This could all just be extreme evaporation and dry eye...but I need to find an answer. That’s why I posted the thread. I may find out this was no big deal...in which case the thread is still very useful for someone in my position, that reads it in the future.

Full discolsure, I write these threads for the people who have yet to have a problem, or those looking for an answer like myself. I’m not doing this to seem smart or cool. I’m not trying to put together medical literature. I’m not qualified to do that. I just want to discuss ideas that may clue someone into to more research. Research that may help them eventually find some help.

im at the ENT right now seeing if my right eye burning/pain/headaches are related to my sinuses. If it is, god I’ll be happy. That’s an easier fix than corneal nerve damage.
                  Please update us after because I was suspecting sinusitis as well.

Thanks

Comment

Please update us after because I was suspecting sinusitis as well.

Thanks
                    He just scoped my sinuses. He sees nothing wrong at the moment. Told me my septum was deviated heavily to the left. Asked if I have a problem breathing from my left nostril. I said no, he closed the right, asked me to breath and said, so odd, you’re breathing so good from that side.

so now he’s going to get films done of my sinus, see if we can dig a bit deeper.

He also said, you have a lot of drainage in your throat, do you notice that? I do not. He thought that was very odd that I had no symptoms based on what he saw.

Again, I’ll update when the films get done. I didn’t think this was my sinuses. But my external disease doc ruled out a blocked tear duct. He did see inflammation and ashes me to up my steroids to twice a day in that eye and it helped A LOT. I think my burning is the conjunctiva being inflamed...possibly from exposure (sleeping eyes open, partial blink) or possibly bacterial. My next step, if the sinuses are good, is to ask for moxafloxacin for the right eye. I haven’t run a proper course of antibiotic in my right eye since this started. It’s just a guess but I believe I have nothing to lose and everything to gain by using the antibiotic.

EDIT: we did a CT scan there’s nothing wrong with my sinuses.
                    Last edited by Dowork123; 18-Oct-2018, 10:42.

Comment

I remember when I first started taking my serum, my corneas were almost numb.
                      That reminds me of when my dry eye began. I could keep my eyes open for a while and nothing would happen. No tearing, no burning, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by hopeful_hiker View Post

That reminds me of when my dry eye began. I could keep my eyes open for a while and nothing would happen. No tearing, no burning, etc.
                        I forgot, did you have a sudden onset or s trauma like lasik?

Comment

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post

I forgot, did you have a sudden onset or s trauma like lasik?
                          No, but I did have a sudden onset of dry eye. My cornea had damage at the beginning (punctuate keratitis and scratches) which I did not feel (as pain). I slept with a yoga face pillow on my eyes because they bugged me. Also, I stopped using eyedrops because they did not help me. I think this lead to some sort of nerve damage.

Comment

Originally posted by hopeful_hiker View Post

No, but I did have a sudden onset of dry eye. My cornea had damage at the beginning (punctuate keratitis and scratches) which I did not feel (as pain). I slept with a yoga face pillow on my eyes because they bugged me. Also, I stopped using eyedrops because they did not help me. I think this lead to some sort of nerve damage.
                            Were you possibly sleeping with your eyes open? Is that why you used the yoga pillow?

I bekieve I had corneal desensitization prior to the injury. I think that’s why when the dust hit my eyes, I didn’t really feel it so I kept on working. I believe I had dry eye and slept eyes open for years...maybe even 10 years before this happened. At first, when asked if I had dry eye, I was like, no way. But I think I was wrong.

Looking back, I had minor issues I never realized was dry eye. I thought they were allergies..but I think with my eyes dry and exposed, those irritants were getting to the surface of the eye more easily, causing agitation. I had tearing in the mornings sometimes, but that stopped over 7 years ago. I forgot all these things...

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mEs5z9BAiGQ&t=0s

Mid way through the video she brings up a couple pictures of eyelids with the meibomium glands imaged. She said something interesting, she said that when she has patients come in complaining about headaches and pressure behind the eyes, it’s most likely a meibomium gland issue.

This is good news I suppose. If I have to get an appt with dr cremers I may do it. I’ll be bringing this up to Jain again the 31st and if I don’t get an answer, I’ll move on to Cremers or someone else.

ebi1368
                              hopeful_hiker
                              edmunder
                              Last edited by Dowork123; 21-Oct-2018, 17:04.

Comment

Were you possibly sleeping with your eyes open? Is that why you used the yoga pillow?
                                No, I wasn’t. My eyes were dry because I had electric heating on constantly and I was using heartburn medication that may have caused mild dryness. In any case, my eyes were on the dryer side and my room’s humidity was probably like 25% at best. So when I slept I started to feel roughness (probably had staining already on cornea at that point). When I placed a pillow on my face it reduced the sensation but in retrospect it was a terrible idea to press dry eyes with something without any lubrication.

Comment

Working...
                                X