Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doxycycline - how long does it take to start working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
    You wrote
    ''I hardly have any meibomian glands left as a result of partial blinking. The quality and quantity of my lipids is very poor.''

In fact, I dont believe just because of partial blinking. untreated inflammation is a big factor too -
    since none of doctors told you about lid hygiene. They are related.

You are not alone - nearly 90% of my doctors did not tell me too. It is very sad.
    Doctors have no knowledge or no time or both?
    My big lessons? educate myself and explore/learn new things.
    But surely the inflammation is caused by the lack of lipids/poor quality lipids (causing dryness) which is due to lack of glands? The lack of glands is a direct result of partial blinking.

I thought lid hygiene was only important for people with Blepharitis? My lid margins are clean - no crustiness, or gunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Alix View Post

But surely the inflammation is caused by the lack of lipids/poor quality lipids (causing dryness) which is due to lack of glands? The lack of glands is a direct result of partial blinking.

I thought lid hygiene was only important for people with Blepharitis? My lid margins are clean - no crustiness, or gunk.
      I think since I stopped lid hygiene my dry eye got better. I do not have severe dryness when showering anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Alix View Post

If you’re having any burning on the margins, it will reduce that. You don’t need a crusty mess to feel bad. If I stop my lid scrubs for a week, my lids feel torched. Almost all my lower lashes fell out when things were bad. As I continue to wash my lid margins with hypochlorous acid, the hair is growing back on that lower lid. I’d say if you can handle the cleaning without adding irritation, it can only help. I’m also assuming that reducing the bacteria around the eye, will limit the amount of infectious agents entering the glands. So when you partially blink or sleep eyes open, there’s less bacteria trying to make its way into the gland. It’s one of the few things that really helps me a lot.

I hope you find a solution to get you feeling better. You will find most doctors don’t have great answers when it comes to these issues. If you find a good doc, they’re worth their weight in gold.

Comment

Working...
        X