Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the appearance of your eyes likes? (With pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the appearance of your eyes likes? (With pics)

I’ve been wanting to make this post for a long time. I’ve never met another person with dry eyes face to face, and so I’ve always wondered what other people on this forums eyes look like. Are they red, white, pinkish, very veiny etc. It would great if you could provide a picture!

if you could see me face to face you wouldnt believe i have any problem with my eyes. They look pretty normal from outside but i have 2 / 3 schirmer results.

Comment

It’s funny that you say that because with my eyes there is a direct correlation between redness and dryness. The dryer my eyes feel, the redder they normally look! It’s weird how everyone’s eyes are different

Comment

Originally posted by SirDryEye View Post
        It’s funny that you say that because with my eyes there is a direct correlation between redness and dryness. The dryer my eyes feel, the redder they normally look! It’s weird how everyone’s eyes are different
        Why don't you start with your own eye pics?

Comment

My eyes are totally veiny, they always look red. I try to hide them with my prescription tinted glasses. I am 32 and my eyes started to be veiny and red with contact lense use, then had been covered with veins due to a doctor's vasoconstrictor prescription for my red eyes that I hadnt known it was harmful and causes rebound redness and permanent veins.. After 4 days usage of vasoconstrictor drops my eyes developed more veins and pingueculas (both temporal and nasal side). I will share a photo of my eyes.

Comment

my veiny red eyes
            Attached Files

Comment

chuto thank you so much for your response I really appreciate you uploading pictures. Yes I agree your eyes are very veiny, my mum has pingueculas and looks similar to your eyes. Does the redness/veins die down if your eyes feel less dry and moist?

Comment

Here are some pics of my eyes taken right now - theses were taken at 11 am so it’s likely that they will get redder in evening
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

SirDryEye my veins never subside or fade even when I feel my eyes more moist and less dry. The veins are permanent and as I said they are mainly caused by tetryzoline based vasoconstrictor eye drop.

Comment

dano6533@gmail.com - I also get these irritation spots, always in the same spot. I’ll try get a picture when it appears

Comment

Originally posted by SirDryEye View Post
                      Here are some pics of my eyes taken right now - theses were taken at 11 am so it’s likely that they will get redder in evening
                      Mine is the same as you. It always has that minimum light purple colour

Comment

Mine almost never look bad, but they feel like death seemingly for no reason. The loss of lower lashes bums me out.

EDIT: second pic is 3 months after the injury, insane pain levels, drops every 5 minutes, couldn’t walk without eye pain (wind). Can barely tell anything’s wrong.

Comment

I am pretty shocked at all your eye pictures, mine look so much worse, they are most of the time red/pink depending on the time of day (red first thing in the morning, light pink during the day, back to red in the evening).

Most of the doctors I have seen have been very dismissive, they say my symptoms don't match what my eyes look like, they don't look that red?

It is so frustrating that pain cannot be measured by a machine.

Comment

i guess the thing to take away from this is that it differs person to person! Ultimately what really matters is the health and feeling of your eyes and not the appearance. Thank u all

Comment

Alix, I have a question for you. Have you ever considered that your redness could be related to what you are putting in your eyes, however seemingly innocuous? The reason I ask is that I am hypersensitive to almost everything that I put in my eyes after years of drops. I switched to non-preserved saline in the nebulizer tubes and the difference was almost immediate both in terms of how often I felt I needed to instill a drop and the redness factor. My pain level dropped accordingly....think about it. Here is a link to a post I wrote about it...

http://forum.dryeyezone.com/forum/dr...bout-eye-drops

Comment

Working...
                              X