Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headache and dry eye

It is me again

For the last two days, I have not feeling my dry eye except at the middle of night. However when I go outside or sit in coffee shop, l feel this headache on my left side. Interesting, my left eye is more dry than right one. Is it due to dry eye, migraine, sinusitis or ocular rosacea.

Has anyone experienced this?
    the pain is just in my forehead.

I have this, my right eye is worse and Ive noticed migraines only on the right side of my head. I almost feel like it’s muscle strain from all the accessory muscles trying to help the eyelid close. Usually starts mid afternoon lasts til bedtime. I’ve never had headaches like this in my life. Definitely adds another crappy dimension to all this.

I have an appt today at 6am first thing to see my doctor. I’m very lucky this guy kept in contact with me all weekend. My right eye isn’t draingimg tears properly, it’s knflaned and has pressure. He’s thinking it may be a bacterial infection clogging things up. So I guess I’m going to get my antibiotic after all. I’ll let you know if it helps and what happens after the appt.
    Last edited by Dowork123; 15-Oct-2018, 02:02.

Comment

My pressure was 13 and 14 in my left and right eye respectively. He told me the only difference between my right and left eye was that the right eye had mucus strands. He said that all the drainage system and everything else looked good. So I have no idea what’s causing this pressure in my right eye.

Going to call my ear nose and throat doctor. The doctor at UIC thought it was my sinuses so I guess I got to get that checked

Comment

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post
        My pressure was 13 and 14 in my left and right eye respectively. He told me the only difference between my right and left eye was that the right eye had mucus strands. He said that all the drainage system and everything else looked good. So I have no idea what’s causing this pressure in my right eye.

Going to call my ear nose and throat doctor. The doctor at UIC thought it was my sinuses so I guess I got to get that checked
        I think 14 would be considered well within normal range? mine are generally between 17-20 which I'm told is ok.

Comment

14 is pretty normal.

Have you thought of migraine?

Comment

Originally posted by ebi1368 View Post
            14 is pretty normal.

Have you thought of migraine?
            It’s 100% a migraine...I’m trying to understand the cause of the pressure feeling. Not the actual pressure of the eye, that’s great. I mean I feel pressure behind my eye like something is pushing it out of my head. It causes migraines...only on my right side. So odd.

Comment

It’s 100% a migraine...I’m trying to understand the cause of the pressure feeling. Not the actual pressure of the eye, that’s great. I mean I feel pressure behind my eye like something is pushing it out of my head. It causes migraines...only on my right side. So odd.
              I have i t only on my left side which is pretty typical for Migraine. I used to get this type of headache before lasik once every two month. Now it is every day.

Comment

It's not migraine. I have experienced this before and they were those initial days when my dry eyes were not that bad. I experienced this headache on the right side and my right eye is worse. I experienced the pain particularly after reading for a few hours or staring at a screen. I think the eyes find it difficult to maintain focus while performing near focus activities for long since there is not enough lubrication and the eye compensates with an increase in blink rate that results in eye muscle fatigue and the corresponding neural stress manifests as headache after a few minutes or hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

It's not migraine. I have experienced this before and they were those initial days when my dry eyes were not that bad. I experienced this headache on the right side and my right eye is worse. I experienced the pain particularly after reading for a few hours or staring at a screen. I think the eyes find it difficult to maintain focus while performing near focus activities for long since there is not enough lubrication and the eye compensates with an increase in blink rate that results in eye muscle fatigue and the corresponding neural stress manifests as headache after a few minutes or hours.
                  I usually get this when I sit in restaurant or coffee shop with more air movement. I do not know if this is because of my eyes nerve or not. How can I make sure it is not migraine?

Comment

I usually get this when I sit in restaurant or coffee shop with more air movement. I do not know if this is because of my eyes nerve or not. How can I make sure it is not migraine?
                    Just close your eyes when you start having headache and sit there for around 30 minutes with eyes closed and try to do some conscious breathing exercises. If the pain fades away it's not migraine but eyestrain due to dry eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

Just close your eyes when you start having headache and sit there for around 30 minutes with eyes closed and try to do some conscious breathing exercises. If the pain fades away it's not migraine.
                      Thanks for the tip. I will try that.

Last night I got headache and I slept through it without taking and advil etc. This morning I still had the headach but it got better as days goes on. Does it tell anything?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I will try that.

Last night I got headache and I slept through it without taking and advil etc. This morning I still had the headach but it got better as days goes on. Does it tell anything
                        Thanks
                        Duration is crucial here. A night's sleep is a good time for the brain to get out of even migraine. But migraine won't fade out within half an hour on most occasions and without medications particularly. If it's eyestrain getting your eyes some rest would be enough to dissipate the headache within 30 minutes or at least fade it away.

Comment

I read that Migraine headache can last from 4 to 72 hours. Most of the time that I get headache, when I sleep, it clears up my headache. The headache usually last more than 30 minutes so It is probably not eye strain. Also, I do not get headache with reading.

Is there any test for Migraine? I can hardly trust doctor anymore.

I was on antihistamine eye drop for 1 month as my doctor suggested and that cause so much problem for me.

Comment

Migraines usually effect one side of the head. A tension headache feels like a band around your head squeezing. A cluster headache can affect the eye and the area around the eye. An ocular migraine can cause you to hallucinate or lose vision temporarily. I just had an ocular migraine for the first time in my life. I started seeing multicolor alien heiroglyphs in the center of my vision. I was so scared. I’m having all of these types of headaches. Haven’t had one in over a week thank god. When it happens though, I can’t even see straight, everything hurts.

Comment

I do not have these symptoms that you are describing.

I just have headache and blurry vision which I do not it is related to dry eye or my headache.

I also have rosacea and lasik on top of these.

I am planing to come to USA in the next months if I can get medical visa.

Do you any good doctor I can visit for all these symptoms?

Comment

Working...
                              X