Not at all happy with Tranquileyes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not at all happy with Tranquileyes...

I just purchased Tranquileyes and tried them for the first time last night. They were extremely uncomfortable, and my eyes have felt irritated all day. I had been having a fantastic week, mostly due to the success of Heyedrate, which has helped immensely. Now I feel worried again...did the Tranquileyes give me an infection or something?

Very disappointed in this product...I had high hopes for it. Incidentally, I used them dry with the pads in place. No heat. I had let them air out for 24 hours after getting them out of the package.

Advice, anyone?

Can I ask for my money back?

If you bought the TranquilEyes from Rebecca’s Dry Eye Shop, looks like it can be returned or exchanged if it didn’t work out for you:

https://dryeyeshop.com/pages/faq-ret...rranty-support

I used TranquilEyes for years, and was never that happy with them. They didn’t seal out the air that well for me, would come off at night sometimes, and I didn’t like having to clean the sponge part of the goggles and inserts with baby shampoo regularly. I found for me, EyeSeals is easier to clean and stays on and seals better, but I do sleep on my back so that might help. Some people in this forum find cling wrap or taping their eyes works best, especially if they sleep with their eyes slightly open.
    Last edited by Hokucat; 20-Oct-2018, 20:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokucat View Post
      If you bought the TranquilEyes from Rebecca’s Dry Eye Shop, looks like it can be returned or exchanged if it didn’t work out for you:

https://dryeyeshop.com/pages/faq-ret...rranty-support

I used TranquilEyes for years, and was never that happy with them. They didn’t seal out the air that well for me, would come off at night sometimes, and I didn’t like having to clean the sponge part of the goggles and inserts with baby shampoo regularly. I found for me, EyeSeals is easier to clean and stays on and seals better, but I do sleep on my back so that might help. Some people in this forum find cling wrap or taping their eyes works best, especially if they sleep with their eyes slightly open.
      Hello hokucat! Hope you are doing well.

Since you have a lot of experience with night time eye protection, I seek some advice for myself. I realized that part of my problem is being caused as I am sleeping with my eyes partially open. For the last 5 days I have been taping my right eye to see if it makes a difference. Indeed I woke up without redness, inflammation or irritation in my right eye for the last 5 days. My left eye however had some marginal signs of redness as my left eye also remains slightly open during sleep. My right eye opens up to a much greater extent I guess. So I started with taping my right eye.

The issue with taping is that my eyelashes are getting disarranged. So I was thinking if I could try use a cling wrap this time to seal my right eye and see if it works. I am specifically concerned about my eyelashes when it comes to taping.

Is there a chance that taping would result in eyelash loss or permanent disorientation of the same?

If the cling wrap works I might go for eyeseals 4.0.

Comment

It would be interesting to know different options, your experience and advice related to the sleep masks :
        Tranquileyes, Onyix, EyeSeals, "Glad Press N'seal" plastic wrap, tape,...

Comment

My personal experience is limited to TranquilEyes and EyeSeals. When my eyes used to be severely dry, in addition to using these night masks would put a few drops of Genteal Severe Dry Eye Gel, which also helped. Sometimes I’d wake up in the middle of the night and put in a few more drops. Now that I’m better, I put in a few drops of autologous serum tears before putting on my EyeSeals. I also make sure to drink a cup of water right before sleeping, and also as soon as I wake up, which seems to help.

Dowork123 seems to have a lot of experience with taping and cling wrap, so he likely can further advise about night protection.

Rebecca recently made a video on the different options, including taping, bubble bandages, night goggles, etc., if you have not already seen that:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?utm_sour...m=email&t=482s

Comment

Working...
          X