National media coverage of LASIK complications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National media coverage of LASIK complications

A national news program did a piece on LASIK complications. Their network posted it on Facebook, and it's getting quite a lot of comments... many people are very ill-informed about the chances of complications... one guy honestly believes it's 3 bad outcomes in 1.5 million surgeries.

Anyhow, if anyone wants to add their thoughts to the discussion, you can see it on Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/CTVNews/posts/2361104603931452

I always think it's good for those who have had complications to say so, to get the word out. Not to scare anyone, but to allow those considering this surgery to make a more informed decision. I've heard some people say it's so safe nowadays that it's no worse than getting your teeth cleaned at the dentist. Talk about misinformed.

Last edited by SAAG; 10-Jan-2022, 21:09.

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Chemia, and also I'm sorry about the struggles you have with your eyes.

re: increased depression and stress

It's good you know yourself well enough to know when to step away. Most of the time this forum is a source of comfort to me, because I feel less alone in my struggles with this when I come here. But for sure there are times when like you, I need to forget about my troubles for a while, try to ignore them as much as possible, and just live life.

Anyhow, I'm always glad to see post-LASIK complications get major media attention... the more attention it gets, the more informed the general population gets about this stuff, and the more likely it is that the kind of research we need done actually gets done.

Comment

Working...
    X