Anyone had success with IPL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had success with IPL?

I'm just curious to who has had some success with IPL? As im going to try it soon enough when i get enough money, just wondering has ipl helped you? Does anyone know, if allergies would counter IPL's effects of helping the oil glands work better? I'm a bit nervous to go for it, but i have half the funds saved and just waiting to start work and once i have enough, ill go and get started for IPL.

I think it has potential to help, like any treatment. However, if you don’t find the cause of the problem, this will only be a temporary solution. I think it would be best to find a really good doctor to look at you. May I ask what your specific diagnosis is? To answer about allergies. If your lid problems are caused but allergic conjunctivitis ipl may not help.

Comment

Ive litterally said my diagnoses in every single post I make near enough.... allergies and mgd. Those are my causes, allergies make my mgd worse by causing friction due to allergy bumps and friction causes inflammation and that destabilises my tear film. I've asked.my doctor and I was told 3 initial treatments and then maintenance. I was offered a trial but couldn't afford it. This was more to see if anyone had success with ipl and knew if it may have any effect by allergies countering the effect. Your reply hadn't given me much of an answer to my question...

Comment

I’m sorry, it’s hard for me to keep track of every members exact diagnosis.

You seem aggressive in your response. I’m trying to help you, but I have to ask you questions to get there. I wrote a really good response and just deleted it. Good luck with your ipl.

Comment

Originally posted by epicjinx View Post
          Your reply hadn't given me much of an answer to my question...
          You can always request a refund.

Comment

I am personally a firm believer of IPL (I admit I was skeptical at first). I do not understand the mechanism of action (and I am skeptical of anybody who claims they do), however I am a believer of the statistical significance of patients post-IPL.

The observation is that, patients post-IPL somehow have better gland outputs. The theory is that it somehow reduce inflammation, perhaps effect the blood vessels like dermatology IPL.

I am personally on monthly-IPL because I believe it helps. I went from being bedridden to being able to travel and working on the computer 10+hrs a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post
              I’m sorry, it’s hard for me to keep track of every members exact diagnosis.

You seem aggressive in your response. I’m trying to help you, but I have to ask you questions to get there. I wrote a really good response and just deleted it. Good luck with your ipl.
              It's just i often state it usually, not saying you have to remember/didnt intend for it like that, its just i do often state it, and have posted more frequently. I just wanted answers aiming towards what i asked. and ok... you deleted your responce? - I gave you a responce to your question, im just seriously fed up with this disease. Didnt mean to come off aggressive, just tired of getting this stupid disease under control.

Comment

Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post
                I am personally a firm believer of IPL (I admit I was skeptical at first). I do not understand the mechanism of action (and I am skeptical of anybody who claims they do), however I am a believer of the statistical significance of patients post-IPL.

The observation is that, patients post-IPL somehow have better gland outputs. The theory is that it somehow reduce inflammation, perhaps effect the blood vessels like dermatology IPL.

I am personally on monthly-IPL because I believe it helps. I went from being bedridden to being able to travel and working on the computer 10+hrs a day.
                Has it helped you gain comfort in your condition? This is literally my last option, because ive tried most things. Getting comfort and back to a state where my eyes arent a bother due to dryness.

Comment

Originally posted by Meibum Ian View Post

You can always request a refund.
                  Amusing.... ?? and yeah clearly i cant do that.

Comment

Amusing.... ?? and yeah clearly i cant do that.
                    From Dowork123 I meant.

Comment

I'm just curious to who has had some success with IPL? As im going to try it soon enough when i get enough money, just wondering has ipl helped you? Does anyone know, if allergies would counter IPL's effects of helping the oil glands work better? I'm a bit nervous to go for it, but i have half the funds saved and just waiting to start work and once i have enough, ill go and get started for IPL.
                      I have seen a post from a person (her account is "Desi") with Allergy problem who had success with IPL (temporary). IPL can help your symptoms but have you explore the option of getting allergy shot? I saw that Desi got so much help from allergy shot. You may want to review her posts as she may have the same problem as you. If you look at her last post, she was mostly symptom free at the end. Maybe this happen for you as well

Comment

Has it helped you gain comfort in your condition? This is literally my last option, because ive tried most things. Getting comfort and back to a state where my eyes arent a bother due to dryness.
                        I am currently on a combination of treatments including monthly IPL, BID Restasis, Xiidra and also Omega 3 and GLA. I've gone from being bedridden ~2 yrs ago to now traveling/working in front of computer 10+ hrs a day. I am by no means healed, but I think I have improved drastically.

I can't say for certain IPL helped me (i.e., it could have been my other treatments like Restasis/Xiidra), but I do firmly believe under my own observation/knowledge that IPL is beneficial for myself. I am doing it monthly-IPL because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by ebi1368 View Post

I have seen a post from a person (her account is "Desi") with Allergy problem who had success with IPL (temporary). IPL can help your symptoms but have you explore the option of getting allergy shot? I saw that Desi got so much help from allergy shot. You may want to review her posts as she may have the same problem as you. If you look at her last post, she was mostly symptom free at the end. Maybe this happen for you as well
                          I've been told that due to my allergies being mild shots may not be the best because it's used for people with severe allergies and no options left. Catacrom did work but my allergy bumps are back... hopefully will get on ketofall. I'll check her posts ifs just i wasnt sure if ipl will reverse due to my allergies being year round etc...

Comment

I think if the allergies are effecting yoirveyelids and causing tear dysfunction, you need to address them. Weather it be shots or whatever you need. You say shots are for people with major problems and no options left. Sounds like you are out of options and it’s effectibg your life a great deal. Get the shots if your doctor suggests it will help.

Once you deal with the allergies 100%, then you will know where you stand. You may resolve the dry eye completely. You may find out that you have another condition now that the allergies are controlled. So I think dealing with the problem you know, the allergies, will allow you to find the other problems overlapping it.

i think if you do IPL and you don’t address the allergies, you will only get temporary relief. If you want to do IPL for temporary relief until you get a diagnosis, I think that would be a good idea. Assuming your dr clears you for the procedure. I think doxy would be a good idea also, but again, you need to ask your dr if it applies to your condition.

I have conjubctivitis caused by rubbing rubbing my eyes into my pillow. I’ve been on steroids for 4 months and it’s still not under control yet. You need to find a good dr to manage those allergies. My eyes felt like pure fire when my eyelids were inflamed. I couldn’t blink fully. It’s all caused by the papilae on my upper lid. That’s why I keep pushing you to control allergies. It’s HUGE!

Comment

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post
                              I think if the allergies are effecting yoirveyelids and causing tear dysfunction, you need to address them. Weather it be shots or whatever you need. You say shots are for people with major problems and no options left. Sounds like you are out of options and it’s effectibg your life a great deal. Get the shots if your doctor suggests it will help.

Once you deal with the allergies 100%, then you will know where you stand. You may resolve the dry eye completely. You may find out that you have another condition now that the allergies are controlled. So I think dealing with the problem you know, the allergies, will allow you to find the other problems overlapping it.

i think if you do IPL and you don’t address the allergies, you will only get temporary relief. If you want to do IPL for temporary relief until you get a diagnosis, I think that would be a good idea. Assuming your dr clears you for the procedure. I think doxy would be a good idea also, but again, you need to ask your dr if it applies to your condition.

I have conjubctivitis caused by rubbing rubbing my eyes into my pillow. I’ve been on steroids for 4 months and it’s still not under control yet. You need to find a good dr to manage those allergies. My eyes felt like pure fire when my eyelids were inflamed. I couldn’t blink fully. It’s all caused by the papilae on my upper lid. That’s why I keep pushing you to control allergies. It’s HUGE!
                              Its just my optician has said I won't get seen for allergy shots because it's not a major thing. Catacrom did use to work im going into ketofall. Irs just if ketofall does the same as catacrom im well and truly screwed.

it's merely several years and no relief is getting to me more so. My depression has been up and down since dry eyes... and i already had existing depression due to personal circumstances.

I asked about inflammation and had asked too many questions. I forgot to ask about antibiotics. My allergies were managed by catacrom.but somehow its stopped working? Last visit was 7/8 tbut which is the best its been and got told I still have allergy bumps. So I think using catacrom for months helped then slowly stopped. I do know that treating my allergies and then adding fish oil helps counter dry Ness from allergy drops. It's just pushing it a bit more there.

Comment

Working...
                              X