Which tea tree oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which tea tree oil

Which tea tree oil wiper is recommended for the eyes?
    I often read on here that it MUST be about 4-5 % tea tree oil
    Which product has it?

I live in Germany so please reommend me a product which I can actually buy here.
    We now have a new product here called BLEPHADEMODEX, but as it seems it only has 2,5 % of TTO. Not good?
    We also have NAVIBLEF which has even less.

Should I perhaps mix it myself? If so, how?

You should perhaps use pure tea tree oil to make your own daily lid wash. I bought a bottle of 100% pure tea tree oil and what I do is take about 2 ml of baby shampoo and put 3-4 drops of pure tea tree oil to it and stir thoroughly with a toothpick to mix them uniformly. I rub the mixture on my wet palms to make a foam and massage the foam over my tightly closed eyelids in upside down and sideways motion and keep it for 4-5 minutes. I rinse thoroughly under a shower to wash it away.

I also mix 2-3 drops of pure tea tree oil in my daily facewash to keep demodex under control.

Additionally I also add 4-5 drops of pure tea tree oil in my facial moisturizer to kill the mites by exposing them longer to tea tree oil.

You can increase the proportion of tea tree oil in your DIY eyelid wash according to your tolerance level. Honestly I don't think investing in market based tea tree oil formulations is a better idea if you have access to pure tea tree oil. You can always vary the proportions as per your requirement.

Comment

Milo... are you kidding me? This sounds SUPER scary! Either tea tree oil or baby shampoo would turn my eyelids bright red and take a few days to recover. Those things are very harsh and not intended for the eyelids. There are several studies about baby shampoo that show it can be harmful to the tear film. It is not recommended for blepharitis anymore according to the best guidelines.

Insidious988... to be on the safe side, stick with products that are sold for this purpose. There are many products. Some people can tolerate a low concentration of tea tree oil and others can't but there are many other types of lid wipes and the ones with hypochlorous acid are particularly popular these days.

Comment

Cliradex, 4% TTO. many reports/evidence show they are effective.

Did IPL and oraycea 40 mg help you? Have you tried doxy too? I tried to reply your old post

http://forum.dryeyezone.com/forum/ar...or-blepharitis

but it says, 'The topic is closed'
        Last edited by MGD1701; 16-Nov-2018, 08:04.

Comment

MGD1701,

thank you for your reply.

I could buy Cliradex from eBay it seems, it says 40 € for 20 wipes. I must say it is really expensive.
          As ist seems this would not even last one month.
          One wipe = one eye only? Then it would only last 10 days!
          Are they serious?

MGD1701, do you use cliradex or how do you do it?

I ordered NatraSan now, by your recommendation in other threads. Maybe NatraSan is good enough for first time? If NatraSan doesn't help, maybe add TTO later.

Where do I get mineral oil and how to mix it with TTO? How much mineral oil and how many drops TTO?

I had 2 IPL sessions so far and 2 more to come. Did not help much as of now, unfortunately. Had some good days but now back at a desperate stage.
          On the next session I am also going to do BlephEx.

Oraycea might help a Little to get oil thinner but not really sure. Doxy is in oraycea. Higher doxy I did not try as of now. But azithromicyn 500 mg twice per week for about 6 weeks.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Thanks MGD. I answered your question earlier today but unfortunately I wrote as a guest. Hope the post will show up soon.

Comment

My post that I wrote as a guest still doesn't show up. Why?
              This is bothersome.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
                Cliradex, 4% TTO. many reports/evidence show they are effective.

Did IPL and oraycea 40 mg help you? Have you tried doxy too? I tried to reply your old post

http://forum.dryeyezone.com/forum/ar...or-blepharitis

but it says, 'The topic is closed'
                I now try first with NatraSan. Or do you recommend both Cliradex and NatraSan? Cliradex is very expensive. But if helpful, I will buy.

Oraycea 40 mg - I don't know but I think it helps a Little to get the oil thinner. But my dr won't prescribe it anymore. Doxy is in oraycea.
                I thried azithromicyn 500 mg too. Didn't notice much difference.

IPL - got 2 sessions so far. Not much improvement but will do 4 in total. Hope after the 3rd there will be visible improvement.
                Will do BlephEx on my 3rd IPL appointment too.

Comment

I would use both since when one has demodex, often has bacteria too.

Oraycea 40 mg: if it helps thin the oil why doctor refuses to re-prescribe?
                  What are his/her recommendations then?

Good luck with BlephEx.

There is American brand, WeLoveEye lid cleanser contains 3 oils:
                  Jojoba, Grapeseed, Tea Tree Oil.
                  Last edited by MGD1701; 19-Nov-2018, 11:17.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
                    I would use both since when one has demodex, often has bacteria too.

Oraycea 40 mg: if it helps thin the oil why doctor refuses to re-prescribe?
                    What are his/her recommendation then?

There is American brand, WeLoveEye lid cleanser contains 3 oils:
                    Jojoba, Grapeseed, Tea Tree Oil.

I know, but demodex feeds on bacteria as I understand, so if I use Natrasan to get bacteria away, demodex should die too. But maybe better to use cliradex too.

Oraycea: the doctor who refuses too is my dematologist for rosacea. She said though If the eye clinic gives me a letter in which they say that I sould continue using oraycea she will further prescribe it. I hope they will give me this letter. Doctors are strange sometimes.

American brand: Can one get this outside America? What do you use?

Comment

In fact, Prof. Dr Alan Kabat, USA, released a report/article recently, which I posted some weeks ago(?).
                      Conclusion: Cliradex can kill demodex effectively (NOTpure HOCL, if I remember correctly, he actually specified the company name). He is demodex and dry eye expert.
                      Last edited by MGD1701; 19-Nov-2018, 14:32.

Comment

Originally posted by insidious988 View Post

I know, but demodex feeds on bacteria as I understand, so if I use Natrasan to get bacteria away, demodex should die too. But maybe better to use cliradex too.

Oraycea: the doctor who refuses too is my dematologist for rosacea. She said though If the eye clinic gives me a letter in which they say that I sould continue using oraycea she will further prescribe it. I hope they will give me this letter. Doctors are strange sometimes.

American brand: Can one get this outside America? What do you use?
                        Where did you get the information that demodex feeds on bacteria?

As far as I know, demodex feeds on meibum secreted from the meibomian glands , sebum secreted from the sebaceous glands and the epithelial cells of the inner surfaces of the meibomian glands, sebaceous glands and the hair/eyelash follicles.

Killing bacteria will have no effect on demodex. Demodex is the vector for staphylococcus strains of bacteria.

Comment

Thanks.
                          I thought I read it somewhere, maybe I got confused.
                          But if only tea tree oil can kill demodex, why does an expert recommends Ocusoft? Ocusoft has no TTO in it as I understand.

The expert says:

Treatment strategy to cure blepharitis

Over the last 10 years or so, I have been recommending the following multi-pronged attack for blepharitis and rosacea patients. I would definitely say it has been my experience that mild and moderate cases can expect to be cured in a matter of a few months; severe cases will be significantly better, but seem resistant to complete cure - perhaps it just takes more time. Remember mites can live deep in the oil glands.

It needs more than just treating the lids:

a) Ocusoft Plus lid wipes - contain the antiseptic polyaminopropyl biguanide. Comfortable on the lid and kills demodex and bacteria better than all the other commercially available standard cleaning wipes. Costs £10 a box online (scopeophthalmics) or at Boots pharmacy (cheapest in bulk on Amazon £17.03 for 3 boxes). Do it thoroughly at night, 30 seconds good scrub each lid when pulled forwards off the eyeball, in the lashes and right on the lid edge. Save money by cutting the wipe into 4 with clean hands, keeping sections in a food bag in fridge. There are some new players on the market selling tea-tree oil wipes, but they may sting, and remain my second line reserve: Optase (with hyaluronic acid, camomile & aloe vera soothing agents, £4.95 a box) or Cliradex (~£20 a box).

Comment

Experts? Better be careful as there are many new things and
                            sadly many doctors are still behind (based on personal experience too).
                            Better do our own homework/research as well.

Regarding tea tree oil, in fact I have read/heard a few (famous?) doctors say 50% can kill demodex.
                            But according to the recent finding by Prof. Alan Kabat, Cliradex is effective, so whom to believe?

azithromicyn 500 mg: how long did you take it? What I have read is it works better/safer than doxy.

you have tried many things/medication, if still no relief, maybe there are other triggers,
                            allergy, lid exposure/sealed, diet, scar tissue?? Do you have an accurate diagnose?
                            Last edited by MGD1701; 28-Nov-2018, 09:29.

Comment

Originally posted by insidious988 View Post
                              Thanks.
                              I thought I read it somewhere, maybe I got confused.
                              But if only tea tree oil can kill demodex, why does an expert recommends Ocusoft? Ocusoft has no TTO in it as I understand.

The expert says:

Treatment strategy to cure blepharitis

Over the last 10 years or so, I have been recommending the following multi-pronged attack for blepharitis and rosacea patients. I would definitely say it has been my experience that mild and moderate cases can expect to be cured in a matter of a few months; severe cases will be significantly better, but seem resistant to complete cure - perhaps it just takes more time. Remember mites can live deep in the oil glands.

It needs more than just treating the lids:

a) Ocusoft Plus lid wipes - contain the antiseptic polyaminopropyl biguanide. Comfortable on the lid and kills demodex and bacteria better than all the other commercially available standard cleaning wipes. Costs £10 a box online (scopeophthalmics) or at Boots pharmacy (cheapest in bulk on Amazon £17.03 for 3 boxes). Do it thoroughly at night, 30 seconds good scrub each lid when pulled forwards off the eyeball, in the lashes and right on the lid edge. Save money by cutting the wipe into 4 with clean hands, keeping sections in a food bag in fridge. There are some new players on the market selling tea-tree oil wipes, but they may sting, and remain my second line reserve: Optase (with hyaluronic acid, camomile & aloe vera soothing agents, £4.95 a box) or Cliradex (~£20 a box).
                              It's partially true that ONLY tea tree oil kills demodex.

PHMB and symdiol in ocusoft lid wipes claim to kill demodex as well.

There are other drugs too that can kill demodex but recently TTO has been popular since it's a natural ingredient, has no reported evidences of resistance and readily available without a prescription unlike other scheduled drugs that kill demodex.

Comment

Working...
                              X