Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diluted brimonidine

Hey.
    I’m doing better in regards to dryness, after having all 4 plugs in. I’ve also been having IPL and have been using ikervis for the past 2 months.
    Even though the dryness feels better, my eyes still get quite inflamed through the day, it really bothers me.
    Does anyone use diluted brimonidine to combat this on a regular basis?
    I have read a couple of people on here using it on a daily basis and I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems from doing this, or if it has caused rebound redness.
    I just want to look like myself again.

Had to look it up.. I see that it's the ingredient in Mirvaso - a cream used by people with rosacea.

I know that it's very prone to causing rebound redness in this application - enough so that the manufacturer is being sued because of it. Whether it has this effect in ocular use I don't know, but it would concern me.

Comment

Meibum Ian its the main ingredient in lumify, which claims to have Little to no rebound, but I’d rather avoid lumify because of the preservatives in it.
      Maybe it’s at a weaker strength to the cream I think it’s something like 0.025 concentration

Comment

Yeah get some lumify but only use it very occasionally, like once every 1 to 2 weeks I.e nights out + special occasions.

Comment

SirDryEye have you tried it? I have a wedding coming up that I would like to look not stoned for haha.
          Just wish they would come up with an actual solution!

Comment

Haven’t tried it, i was going to order a bottle at the start of next year. I’m sure it works well, and given that we’d be using it so little the bak shouldn’t be a problem. Most of the bad reviews online are from people that have been abusing it using it a few times a day, like seriously what do they expect! I don’t mind having reddish eyes all my life as long as I get the odd night off here and there

Comment

Working...
            X