Finally can try IPL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally can try IPL

Emailed my optician about when is the earliest I can get IPL, no responce as of yet but I also asked if allergies would lessen effect of IPL as I'm not sure if my new allergy eye drops (ketofall) are helping. It seems that once allergy is under control and still using fish oil im just a bit off what i should be. My top glands look like they are expressing good amounts of oil but the lower lids on both eyes not so much... tiny amounts compared to the tops. I dont know what else to do to change the quantity so im hoping for my sake that IPL will help the quantity and i can see if it helps as it's been trial and error!

I'm glad I can talk to others about this and im not alone... as it helps to remind me im not alone. I'm just desperate for relief now, and going to try for IPL dont know if my new allergy drops are working but ill guess I'll have to wait and see.

just unsure about increasing quality as quality is better with fish oil, and think IPL helps with quantity and USB warm compress helps a bit but not enough as I'd like!

I'm just hoping IPL will give me some relief my eyes to me seem more and more blood shot as the days go on. 4 year battle and it saddens me that this is it because I'm trying every treatment aswell as trying to get some work behind me which I'm due to start and cant wait as it will help me mentally!

I just sorta wish none of us would have to keep battling this disease, i know its certainly effected me greatly! And it's an increasing problem I just hope their will be more effective things on the way. As UK seems to be alot slower in treatments. Sorry for the werid message but that seems to be all. Don't know what to do for quantity as it seems im lacking slightly if anyone has any suggestions fire Away!

Trying to keep positive on a daily basis is hard with this disease. But I keep reminding myself it will get better and ill get relief at some point. Just struggle to accept how to cope as i still want to go to uni and continue my graphic design degree.

The best way you can control oil quantity is by making the raw materials available to the body. Eating low carbs and zero sugar is huge. Adding oil to your food and/or eating a higher fat diet, eggs, grass fed beef, olive oil, avocados, etc. in addition to your fish oil supplement will help. You can’t express oil from the glands if your body can’t produce it. Now eating oil won’t guarantee an increase, but it will eliminate food as the problem and you can control what you eat.

What does your diet look like, can you list what you eat in a day. Mine is this for example...

5 whole eggs, 2 slices sporouted grain toast

1 can tuna, 1 tablespoon avocado mayo, 1 tablespoon avocado oil, 2 slices sprouted grain bread.

240g filet mignon 150g red potato

300g Greek yogurt, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder and 200g strawberries fresh handful of nuts.

that’s a typical day for me. Sometimes I’ll have a few cookies or a piece of apple pie. But I try to avoid sugar at all costs. If you notice, there is A LOT of dietary fat. That’s huge. My supplements are as follows...

6000mg fish oil ultimate omega liquid by Nordic naturals

Alive multvitamin

10,000iu vitamin d3

1800mg NAC

4 hydroeye pills

300mg black currant seed oil

again, big focus on quality oils!

my drugs as follows...

doxy 100mg once a day (dropped down from twice a day for a few weeks to give my guy a break)

steroid drops 1x a day

heparin 100iu/ml 3x a day

blood serum drops as needed (lately, I use them about 6 times per day)

avenova eyelid cleaner 2x a day

warm compress (start at 42C leave until cool) 2x a day

good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post
      The best way you can control oil quantity is by making the raw materials available to the body. Eating low carbs and zero sugar is huge. Adding oil to your food and/or eating a higher fat diet, eggs, grass fed beef, olive oil, avocados, etc. in addition to your fish oil supplement will help. You can’t express oil from the glands if your body can’t produce it. Now eating oil won’t guarantee an increase, but it will eliminate food as the problem and you can control what you eat.

What does your diet look like, can you list what you eat in a day. Mine is this for example...

5 whole eggs, 2 slices sporouted grain toast

1 can tuna, 1 tablespoon avocado mayo, 1 tablespoon avocado oil, 2 slices sprouted grain bread.

240g filet mignon 150g red potato

300g Greek yogurt, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder and 200g strawberries fresh handful of nuts.

that’s a typical day for me. Sometimes I’ll have a few cookies or a piece of apple pie. But I try to avoid sugar at all costs. If you notice, there is A LOT of dietary fat. That’s huge. My supplements are as follows...

6000mg fish oil ultimate omega liquid by Nordic naturals

Alive multvitamin

10,000iu vitamin d3

1800mg NAC

4 hydroeye pills

300mg black currant seed oil

again, big focus on quality oils!

my drugs as follows...

doxy 100mg once a day (dropped down from twice a day for a few weeks to give my guy a break)

steroid drops 1x a day

heparin 100iu/ml 3x a day

blood serum drops as needed (lately, I use them about 6 times per day)

avenova eyelid cleaner 2x a day

warm compress (start at 42C leave until cool) 2x a day

good luck.
      Scope fish oil is what I'm on, it's quite high in quality cant remember the exact numbers should be easy to look up. But either way my diet? Sometimes can be okay, I drink coffee often without sugar, I'll usually try and eat fruit if its there or make something healthy but if not I usually eat pot noodles, crisps (like one/2 bags a day). I often eat crackers and butter with ham and dinner is usually different usually meat with potatoes and veg. You seem to be on alot more treatment than I am. I'm on ketofall one drop x2 a day, 5ml of scope fish oil morning, x2 warm compress 10 mins one for morning and one for night. I was looking into buying optimal as it seems good for evaporative dry eye. Your routine has alot of stuff in it, how do you cope with the costs? I get my allergy drops on prescription but fish oil i buy. Has diet helped your quantity? I have been told before it might just be my glands are smaller ive had meiography done and they are all there, minor blockage maybe one or 2 glands. And the oil i produce is better quality. Buy not sure about quantity has diet helped you? I often try and be healthy when I can do so but sometimes it's hard.

Comment

Originally posted by epicjinx View Post

Scope fish oil is what I'm on, it's quite high in quality cant remember the exact numbers should be easy to look up. But either way my diet? Sometimes can be okay, I drink coffee often without sugar, I'll usually try and eat fruit if its there or make something healthy but if not I usually eat pot noodles, crisps (like one/2 bags a day). I often eat crackers and butter with ham and dinner is usually different usually meat with potatoes and veg. You seem to be on alot more treatment than I am. I'm on ketofall one drop x2 a day, 5ml of scope fish oil morning, x2 warm compress 10 mins one for morning and one for night. I was looking into buying optimal as it seems good for evaporative dry eye. Your routine has alot of stuff in it, how do you cope with the costs? I get my allergy drops on prescription but fish oil i buy. Has diet helped your quantity? I have been told before it might just be my glands are smaller ive had meiography done and they are all there, minor blockage maybe one or 2 glands. And the oil i produce is better quality. Buy not sure about quantity has diet helped you? I often try and be healthy when I can do so but sometimes it's hard.
        Diet has helped me tremendously. I was even mentioning to someone here, if I eat sugar for a few days in a row, I don’t express as much oil. When I’m eating all whole food like I described, I feel amazingly better, my body and mind.

This is very expensive to maintain, but I’m lucky I can afford everything. I retired a few years ago, so I’m that sense, life has been good to me.

Comment

I trad somewhere that canned tuna doesn't have omega 3 in it, like fresh tuna.

I eat a portion of tinned mackerel or sadines which do.

This is in the UK so might be different in the US

Comment

Diet has helped me tremendously. I was even mentioning to someone here, if I eat sugar for a few days in a row, I don’t express as much oil. When I’m eating all whole food like I described, I feel amazingly better, my body and mind.

This is very expensive to maintain, but I’m lucky I can afford everything. I retired a few years ago, so I’m that sense, life has been good to me.
            ah i see, im not sure if itd do the same for me... still no responce from my optician about IPL.

Comment

Diet

hi epicjinx
              good to avoid processed food. Vit. D, A, Zinc are important for eyes.
              I take 1-2 (brown) boiling eggs/day, black chocolate and different kinds of nuts/vegeables/oils/fruit daily.

Last edited by MGD1701; 21-Nov-2018, 12:10.

Comment

Originally posted by epicjinx View Post

ah i see, im not sure if itd do the same for me... still no responce from my optician about IPL.
                Diet will help you 100% it will help with the allergies too. Let me give you just one example. Trans fats. The reason trans fats are bad is because they occupy the space that a fatty acid should be. So when you’re rebuilding cells or making oil for your MGs, if you replace the correct fatty acid with a trans fat, that cell, that oil you produce will not be correct. The cell wall will not be formed properly and the quality of the oil you express will be incorrect. That’s one simple example. Take sugar as another one, it’s thought that increased leptin causes increased inflammation. Same goes for insulin sensitivity. If you eat a lot of sugar or carbs and become insulin insensitive, you could run high blood sugars among other things. So diet honestly will help every single human dry eyes or not.

Heres what I say to people, Have you ever eaten perfectly clean for 30 days? I mean PERFECT all whole food, no sugar, no junk, only water. Most people have not done that for 30 days straight. So try it. It’s going to be so difficult, but if you can do it, you will be a different person at the end of that 30 days. You will feel like a million bucks. I’m trying to get myself to that point. I eat good, but I want to eat perfect and see if I can get even better results. So after thanksgiving which is tomorrow, I’m throwing away any food that isn’t fuel...and I begin.

Comment

Diet will help you 100% it will help with the allergies too. Let me give you just one example. Trans fats. The reason trans fats are bad is because they occupy the space that a fatty acid should be. So when you’re rebuilding cells or making oil for your MGs, if you replace the correct fatty acid with a trans fat, that cell, that oil you produce will not be correct. The cell wall will not be formed properly and the quality of the oil you express will be iIncorrect. That’s one simple example. Take sugar as another one, it’s thought that increased leptin causes increased inflammation. Same goes for insulin sensitivity. If you eat a lot of sugar or carbs and become insulin insensitive, you could run high blood sugars among other things. So diet honestly will help every single human dry eyes or not.

Heres what I say to people, Have you ever eaten perfectly clean for 30 days? I mean PERFECT all whole food, no sugar, no junk, only water. Most people have not done that for 30 days straight. So try it. It’s going to be so difficult, but if you can do it, you will be a different person at the end of that 30 days. You will feel like a million bucks. I’m trying to get myself to that point. I eat good, but I want to eat perfect and see if I can get even better results. So after thanksgiving which is tomorrow, I’m throwing away any food that isn’t fuel...and I begin.
                  ive never eaten perfectly clean for 30 days, i dont think i can do it. I'm not sure how changing my diet would help my allergies? as these are ocular allergies and not related to foods. I understand that it can cause inflammation by eating unhealthy, i do my best but i cant be perfect. never had inflammadry done because ive been told at my last appointment that he couldnt see any, i had tbut measured and staining looked at. I dont know if i can change my diet more so, im already doing a few things and well dont have much money (as im due to start work), and im really young aswell for dry eye hitting. Hence why going on about ipl But i dont know if i can fully change my diet, if im honest.

Comment

I literally don’t have the ability to explain why the diet would help your allergies. It’s too complex. But put simply, when your body is working efficiently, when it has all the raw materials and no junk, you become healthier. Your immune system is bolstered and that in and of itself will effect the way your body responds to the allergens that bother you. Bad food cause inflammation, that will make your allergies worse, I can go on.

You asked what you could go to help, I’m telling you. Do with this information whatever you’d like.

Comment

I literally don’t have the ability to explain why the diet would help your allergies. It’s too complex. But put simply, when your body is working efficiently, when it has all the raw materials and no junk, you become healthier. Your immune system is bolstered and that in and of itself will effect the way your body responds to the allergens that bother you. Bad food cause inflammation, that will make your allergies worse, I can go on.

You asked what you could go to help, I’m telling you. Do with this information whatever you’d like.
                      I appreciate you telling me but it will be difficult for me and id do my best but I know for a fact I'm not sure I can go 100% healthy one due to funds. I have managed to eat healthy like a year or two ago but didn't help just my mental state. I know diet might help but it didn't help me then, and I've already said my treatments at the moment. Not being snappy just it didn't seem to help when I had tried. Just looking for other routes, as I don't know if i havr inflammation never been tested.

Comment

I’m not saying it will help your mental state. To be honest, being in a bad mental state makes eating clean harder. Hence why I’m not eating perfectly clean. But try to get as close as possible. Try to be perfect, if you fail, no big deal, but try.

I’m bipolar, I can say 100% food effects my mental state.if I don’t eat the right foods at the right times, I fall apart fast. I feel anxious, depressed, confused when I don’t eat properly.

Let me also say, money is no excuse. You can make enough chicken soup to last a week and it should only cost 15-20 bucks. Whole chicken 10-15 bucks, onion 1, celery 3, carrots 3, salt, pepper and water free and finally one cup white rice .30. All organic food too, and it’s not expensive. It’s just hard to avoid desire for bad food, but it’s cheaper to eat clean. I could buy a pizza for 12 dollars, eat the whole thing and still be hungry. I’ve never found fast food to be cheaper.

Just do do the best you can. If you understood how important food was to how you feel, you’d do everything in your power to eat perfectly. It’s amazing how much it effects your eyes and mood. So just keep that in mind if things aren’t working and your desperate.

Comment

I’m not saying it will help your mental state. To be honest, being in a bad mental state makes eating clean harder. Hence why I’m not eating perfectly clean. But try to get as close as possible. Try to be perfect, if you fail, no big deal, but try.

I’m bipolar, I can say 100% food effects my mental state.if I don’t eat the right foods at the right times, I fall apart fast. I feel anxious, depressed, confused when I don’t eat properly.

Let me also say, money is no excuse. You can make enough chicken soup to last a week and it should only cost 15-20 bucks. Whole chicken 10-15 bucks, onion 1, celery 3, carrots 3, salt, pepper and water free and finally one cup white rice .30. All organic food too, and it’s not expensive. It’s just hard to avoid desire for bad food, but it’s cheaper to eat clean. I could buy a pizza for 12 dollars, eat the whole thing and still be hungry. I’ve never found fast food to be cheaper.

Just do do the best you can. If you understood how important food was to how you feel, you’d do everything in your power to eat perfectly. It’s amazing how much it effects your eyes and mood. So just keep that in mind if things aren’t working and your desperate.
                          money is a problem for me because ive had to save up alot of it for IPL, hence why i cant wait to start work and recieve my first pay i dec. I know how derisable fast food is, i do try my best but due to this disease i sometimes dont go for the right things money is only a problem due to me going ahead for IPL. I often when my mum orders take aways go for the best option (if possible, usually prawn cocktail if its an option). I know that eating healthy makes your mood better, ive had it before but when ive tried to eat healthier had no effect for my eyes and were still dry. I do my best for what i do with my diet.

Comment

Hi epicjinx. How are you doing now? I hope you have found your way to recovery. I am currently struggling with post-Lasik dry eyes. I am really hoping to see a day when I don't feel my eyes anymore. I am hopeful that that day is not far. Just a little more patience. But I would like to hear back from you.

I wanted to let you know that I 100% agree with what is advised by 'Guest' in the above threads about eating an anti-inflammatory diet. It does make a huge difference. If you cannot afford to be on this diet, drink more water. Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning with fresh lemon juice. It has helped me. Dry eye is mainly caused from inflammation of the oil glands. Our bodies are amazing at mending themselves so if you help your body by eating clean, your body will respond in a positive way and you will see the difference. I also used to have (still have) morning allergies. The sneezing and runny nose would stay for hours after waking up. But ever since I started taking PRN fish oil caps (three a day) my allergy has reduced 80%.

You have not posted since 2018, so I hope you are doing well by now.

Comment

Working...
                            X