Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overflow with 4 plugs

Hi all,
    around 20 days ago I had upper plugs put in as well as the lowers I already had. I have had improvement with dryness, however I do get overflow.
    The skin around my eyes is becoming sore due to the overfill and me wiping them. Does anyone experience this? Or have any tips for moisturisers or something that may help with with the irratation, as it’s starting to sting.
    Honestly if it’s not one thing, it’s another!

Ps I have tried coconut oil around my eyes, but it seems to get in and irate them and they sting and are red for the rest of the day

Comment

Originally posted by Shell259 View Post
      Hi all,
      around 20 days ago I had upper plugs put in as well as the lowers I already had. I have had improvement with dryness, however I do get overflow.
      The skin around my eyes is becoming sore due to the overfill and me wiping them. Does anyone experience this? Or have any tips for moisturisers or something that may help with with the irratation, as it’s starting to sting.
      Honestly if it’s not one thing, it’s another!
      How long after plugs you saw improvement?

Comment

Straight away, the day I had them put in was the best eye day I had had in a long time

Comment

I'm going through the same after inserting 4 ductal plugs. Never want to give up the awesome feeling of "overflowing tears" right? My small tip is not to rub back n firth with your handkerchiefs or napkins. Instead, just place them gently and let them do the absorbing. That way your skin could remain relatively intact.

Comment

I had this issue when I had all 4 puncta plugged as well and still have tears drain occasionally with just my lowers plugged. I just use my pinky fingers to gently wipe down the side of the nose or the back of pinky fingers to wipe away the tears.

Not the most sanitary solution of course, but I've found it's better overall comfort than using a tissue or cloth to continually wipe them off. The Kleenex brand of tissue has tissue with lotion to provide more comfort if the pinky method turns you off. I do apply lotion with coconut oil 2-3x per day on the lids as needed to reduce the discomfort as well.

Comment

Working...
            X