Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Styes BOTH eyes. 1+ year. Help me :( please. hopeless. look like a monster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Styes BOTH eyes. 1+ year. Help me :( please. hopeless. look like a monster.

Hi all,

I have never been more depressed in my life due to my styes. They itch, are painful, sting. I have had 2 styes on both of eyes for over 1 year. They always vary in size. Some months one looks almost gone. Then the next month it's sprung up and red and angry. Typically one eye will have a raised stye and the other will just be a swollen eye lid. After all this time, my eyelids have not looked normal in over one year.

I have been to FIVE ophthalmologists. None of them listen to me. I keep telling them NO ANTIBIOTICS. I have been on 6-7 courses (I've lost track) over the year of different antibiotics. They have no effect.

I have taken full weeks off of work just staying in not wearing makeup, spending hours resting my eyes and then doing steam and hot compresses. Sometimes they go down a bit, but never fully go away.

I asked the last 2 ophthalmologists to do a biopsy. I want to rule out cancer and get a determination of what the hell is going on. Something is not normal. I am just so fed up. I cannot tolerate looking at myself in the mirror anymore. I am sick of looking like a monster with these huge bumps on my eyes. I keep my lights off in the morning when I brush my teeth. I can't bear looking at my face.

Has anyone experienced this? I feel lile I've tried everything. Including the occusoft lid scrub and lid scrub plus toilettes and genteal drops. I just want to cry all the time. I want my normal eyes back but I feel like this is my new reality.

Thank you so much for reading.

Lucy

I keep telling them NO ANTIBIOTICS. I have been on 6-7 courses (I've lost track) over the year of different antibiotics. They have no effect.
    Hi Lucy. So sorry this is happening. Were these oral or topical? Did topical antibiotics have no effect? We've always managed this OK with topicals - chloramphenicol, Fucidin - Azyter for 6 days was the best. Oral antibiotics seemed to have no effect for us either, but they help other people. We're all different, I guess.

Do you have other skin or scalp troubles?

Have you tried treating for demodex? Using tea tree facewash and an eyelid margin regime definitely made a difference for us. That's not to say she doesn't have flareups occasionally still but at least it's manageable.
    Last edited by littlemermaid; 17-Apr-2015, 01:58.
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
    X