Hylo parin some help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hylo parin some help please

how do I open the bottle? There’s a cap, I remove it and it seems like the top needs to be punctured. I cannot read any of the directions because they are all in German. Any help is appreciated.

I’m so dumb lol...I just figured it out. Twist the top off, put thumb on the bottom and fingers near the tip on the top of the bottle and squeeze like you would squeeze a syringe. I had to get it started, but it now delivers one drop per pump. It’s a really sexy bottle, I like it a lot. Easy to use and keeps the contents sterile, very cool. I’ll try it shortly and report back.

Comment

Yepp! Glad you figured out. It’s a nice simple way to keep it preservative free. I use Hylogel and Hylo.

Comment

Originally posted by hopeful_hiker View Post
        Yepp! Glad you figured out. It’s a nice simple way to keep it preservative free. I use Hylogel and Hylo.
        Seems like a really good product. Can’t wait to give it a shot. I’m hoping I can stand it. I would like to use a commercial drop that doesn’t bother my eyes.

Comment

I'll be interested to see how you get on with this. I've only just started using mine as I started on Ikervis 3 weeks ago, and wanted to see if it worked on not by not using other drops as well.

My first impression of this (as with all the other products in the Hylo/Hycosan product range) is that it feels soothing upon application but the effect soon dissipates.
          I am hoping that the cumulative effect of application will heal my inflamed eyes over time.

Comment

I believe that the "sexy" bottle is the COMOD system of push-valve delivery mechanism as is found in another eye drop named "Eubri" by Pfizer. Interestingly Eubri eye drops are also imported from Germany. This is a very effective system to keep the liquid inside the bottle sterile for long (a month) without adding preservative to it. More importantly it eliminates the chance of an "overspill" and is a great way to self administer eye drops under any circumstances

@Dowork123

Pictures of the "sexy" bottle is highly anticipated lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Alix View Post
              I'll be interested to see how you get on with this. I've only just started using mine as I started on Ikervis 3 weeks ago, and wanted to see if it worked on not by not using other drops as well.

My first impression of this (as with all the other products in the Hylo/Hycosan product range) is that it feels soothing upon application but the effect soon dissipates.
              I am hoping that the cumulative effect of application will heal my inflamed eyes over time.
              Did the doctor start you on steroids before the Ikervis? Here’s my assumption but I hope I’m incorrect. I think the heparin alone will not help much. I think that’s why we didn’t start with it. We controlled the inflammation with steroids and the how is that when I come off, the heparin can take over. Nothing is stronger than steroids for inflammation. My doctor basically said steroids are 100 times stronger than ikervis. I’m assuming the same hoes for heparin. However, once the inflammation is lowered, the heparin can take over controlling the low level, residual inflammation.

I hope the heparin works alone though...I think the reason you’re not getting relief is your inflammation is out of control. At least that was my reasoning why.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post

Did the doctor start you on steroids before the Ikervis? Here’s my assumption but I hope I’m incorrect. I think the heparin alone will not help much. I think that’s why we didn’t start with it. We controlled the inflammation with steroids and the how is that when I come off, the heparin can take over. Nothing is stronger than steroids for inflammation. My doctor basically said steroids are 100 times stronger than ikervis. I’m assuming the same hoes for heparin. However, once the inflammation is lowered, the heparin can take over controlling the low level, residual inflammation.

I hope the heparin works alone though...I think the reason you’re not getting relief is your inflammation is out of control. At least that was my reasoning why.
                Yes I was on steroids for 6 weeks before the Ikervis. I was also on steroids earlier this year for 6 weeks. Each time while I was on them, the inflammation went down somewhat but there was rebound pretty much as soon as I stopped both times, despite tapering off towards the end.

The doctors at the hospital said the only solution left for me was going on steroids long term to control inflammation, but I refused on the basis that I was not going to risk getting cataracts/glaucoma. They insisted long term steroid use was safer than Ikervis, this was the final straw and I haven't seen an NHS doctor since then.

The private doctors have told me Ikervis may help with inflammation, so I'm going to carry on using that at night, and then heparin during the day time for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Alix View Post
                  They insisted long term steroid use was safer than Ikervis, this was the final straw and I haven't seen an NHS doctor since then.
                  Did they seriously mean it?

I can't believe a doctor could say that unless he's drunk. My opthalmologist warned me several times to be careful with steroids even while using them intermittently. Patients respond differently to steroids when it comes to an elevation in the intraocular pressure (varies primarily due to differences in eyeball flexibility among individuals). For instance, person A can reach a dangerously high IO pressure after a week of loteprednol etabonate administration (once daily) while person B might only have a marginal increase in the basal intraocular pressure after a similar use of the drug. The risk is amplified even further by other habitual factors in combination. Let's say for example your intraocular pressure is on the higher side after a few days of steroid use but not high enough to cause a steep bend of the optic nerve to cause damage to it. What if you rub your eyes accidentally in such a condition?

Putting an external pressure on the globe would increase the intraocular pressure even more and the total resultant intraocular pressure might reach a significantly high value MOMENTARILY when the eye ball would distort creating a sharp bend in the region of entrance of the optic nerves (fovea centralis) that might tear off the optic nerve itself or at least cause a sprain in it due to increased tension in the optic nerve fibres. This would take seconds to damage your optic nerve and result in glaucoma.

So at least the risk of glaucoma is frighteningly probable with the use of steroids leave alone the incidence of premature cataracts with chronic use. A damage associated with the chronic use of steroids may happen ANYTIME when it comes to glaucoma and it's pretty much a gamble with your luck. An unfortunate truth for people who are dependent on steroids. We really need more powerful substitutes to steroids than cyclosporine or lifitegrast without any threatening side effects.

Comment

How’s the Hylo going mate? I’ve been using it for 6 months and have recommended it to everyone I can on this forum. It’s the best drop on the market and well worth the cost. 300 drops per bottle too

Comment

Originally posted by Topher3 View Post
                      How’s the Hylo going mate? I’ve been using it for 6 months and have recommended it to everyone I can on this forum. It’s the best drop on the market and well worth the cost. 300 drops per bottle too
                      I put the first drops in yesterday. I got a weird flare around 5pm so I tried them. I do NOT like the bottle lol. Hard to get the drop where I need it. But it’s a great product. I have to use it sparingly. But it’s good. My compounded heparin is better though.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

Did they seriously mean it?

I can't believe a doctor could say that unless he's drunk. My opthalmologist warned me several times to be careful with steroids even while using them intermittently. Patients respond differently to steroids when it comes to an elevation in the intraocular pressure (varies primarily due to differences in eyeball flexibility among individuals). For instance, person A can reach a dangerously high IO pressure after a week of loteprednol etabonate administration (once daily) while person B might only have a marginal increase in the basal intraocular pressure after a similar use of the drug. The risk is amplified even further by other habitual factors in combination. Let's say for example your intraocular pressure is on the higher side after a few days of steroid use but not high enough to cause a steep bend of the optic nerve to cause damage to it. What if you rub your eyes accidentally in such a condition?

Putting an external pressure on the globe would increase the intraocular pressure even more and the total resultant intraocular pressure might reach a significantly high value MOMENTARILY when the eye ball would distort creating a sharp bend in the region of entrance of the optic nerves (fovea centralis) that might tear off the optic nerve itself or at least cause a sprain in it due to increased tension in the optic nerve fibres. This would take seconds to damage your optic nerve and result in glaucoma.

So at least the risk of glaucoma is frighteningly probable with the use of steroids leave alone the incidence of premature cataracts with chronic use. A damage associated with the chronic use of steroids may happen ANYTIME when it comes to glaucoma and it's pretty much a gamble with your luck. An unfortunate truth for people who are dependent on steroids. We really need more powerful substitutes to steroids than cyclosporine or lifitegrast without any threatening side effects.

Sadly yes, they were serious and they were not drunk, my appointments were first thing in the morning.....
                        I'd been going to Moorfields in London, which is the "best" eye hospital in the country. It wasn't just one doctor who said this, at the last appointment there were 2 doctors in the room who both agreed going on steroids long term was the best/only solution, and the time before that, the doctor I saw (a different one) also recommended steroids over Ikervis on the basis that nobody knows what the long term side effects of it is, and therefore I would be taking a gamble with my sight.....

My general impression over the past year since going back and forth to the hospital is that there is not enough knowledge of/interest in dry eye in the UK even if the life quality of the patient is poor, like myself. The doctors only seem concerned about sight threatening conditions. The last doctor I saw at Moorfields had not heard of IPL when I said I was having this done at the private clinic and actually asked me what the letters stood for.

I absolutely agree with your last sentence. Personally I am very depressed that in this day and age, there is still no surgery/medication which can fix my problem. Controlling the inflammation is all very well, but I am always going to face this problem as long as the root of my problem is not fixed which is that I hardly have any glands left, the others have either atrophied or died. So what I need is medication/surgery that will regenerate them, and at the moment, there is nothing that can help me in this regard. Yes there is probing, serum drops which MAY help, but it's not definitive.

Comment

Never heard steriod is safer than Ikervis. All I have heard is the oppositive.
                          Steriod is powerful/effective to control inflammation but NOT for long term.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
                            Never heard steriod is safer than Ikervis. All I have heard is the oppositive.
                            Steriod is powerful/effective to control inflammation but NOT for long term.
                            The doctors claimed steroids are safe to use long term as long as usage is monitored regularly.
                            However I am not prepared to risk my sight.

It makes me very angry that there must be many out there who have taken the option of using steroids long term because they were advised this was the best/only option, when in reality Ikervis could have been more appropriate, it's just that the NHS don't want to prescribe it for cost reasons.

Comment

Alix Dowork123

Any updates on how things are going with the Hylo-parin drops? Would be interested in how often you are using them and whether or not they improved things or not. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X