Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partial blinking

So I did a LipiView again yesterday.

On my request to look if I have partial blinking.

Detected was: left ey 1 out of 3 partial blinks
    Right eye 3 out of 6 partial blinks

Doctor did not seem to know much about it - said nothing to worry.

What do you think? What can I do against it?

What were your lipid layer numbers? If you have mgd then it probably is a problem. Especially as computer work often makes partial blinking worse. You have to practice doing full blinks, thats the only way to change it. And take breaks from the computer every thirty mins and do some big blinks.

Comment

Lipid layers: 83 and 73 average

Which ist confusing, because Meibography mostly says Grade 3, 2, 2 and only one Image Grade 1.

I work 9 hours inf ront of a PC.

So: break every 30 mins, then some blinking exercise
      Just press lids tight together as exercise or what is recommended? How Long?

Comment

That is quite weird. I'd kill to have a lipid layer that high. There's lots of info on google e.g. https://diamondvision.com/relieve-dry-eye-symptoms/
        Blinking exercises definitely won't do you any harm if you do that much PC work. Maybe your eyes are just very sensitive.

Comment

I know. I don't really trust the results.
          The first LipiView 2 months ago said something differnt, I don't have the exact numbers though.
          Very weird as only few oils are expressable and foamy and cloudy and gritty, so I don't know...
          I have days when the eyes burn all day long.

I will look into the exercises - thanks
          Anything else one can do when partial blinking?

Comment

Doctor did staining test and TBUT bevore LipiView - maybe false results because of that?
            I wonder if the machine can actually identify lipids that good or amybe false results through some drops etc. before...

Comment

Originally posted by insidious988 View Post
              I know. I don't really trust the results.
              The first LipiView 2 months ago said something differnt, I don't have the exact numbers though.
              Very weird as only few oils are expressable and foamy and cloudy and gritty, so I don't know...
              I have days when the eyes burn all day long.

I will look into the exercises - thanks
              Anything else one can do when partial blinking?
              You need to find out why you have a partial blink. Me for example, I had small papillary conjunctivitis on my upper lids. So anytime I wound try to blink, I couldn’t fully touch my eyelids together. Because that papillae on the back of the lid caused the lid to become thicker. At that point, they cannot function normally. I have been on steroids, heparin and eye protection for 5 months and I can finally blink normally. No pain, fully blink, I’m very happy. All this happened because we are healing the chronic conjunctivitis I have as a result of FES. So you have to determine the cause of the partial blink and treat it.

did the doctor flip the upper eyelid to look behind it? I believe you may have something wrong with the eyelids.

Comment

This time he didn't, but doctors have flipped the upper eyelids before because I had chalazia before, always on the upper Lids.
                So, amybe this could be an after effect of the removed chalazia? Had two on the left upper and 2 on the right upper Lids.
                They got chirurgically removed.

Oh man. This is so hard. How will I ever get better?

Do you guys think "normal" people all have full blinks? Or could it be that most people don't fully blink with every blink? The doctor did not say much about it - it is hard to learn everything for yourself.

Comment

eye protection: what do you mean?

Comment

eye protection: what do you mean?
                    Swim goggles or something at night to keep my eye from opening when I press it into the pillow. Surgery is a big cause of lagopthalmos...it’s very possible the surgery caused this. But if you were getting calazions, you’ve already had issues with lid infections. Which cane first the chicken or the egg.

Comment

Chalazia came probably because of my Rosacea. And of Rosacea the cause is still very unknow sadly.

Comment

You definitely need to treat the rosacea. I would ask my doctor if IPL would help. I am pretty sure out of everyone on this site, you are probably one of the best candidates for IPL. Once you shrink those blood vessels, you’ll lower inflammation in the lids.

How is your diet? Have you checked your blood sugar lately? I know that carbohydrates especially refined sugars can really make rosacea flare. So cutting out carbs and at the very least sugar, would help you a lot also.

Comment

I got my third IPL yesterday. One more to go next month. Sadly until now not much benefit from it. I know that IPL is especially recommended when one has rosacea so I expected good Resultat. Maybe it just needs some more time who knows.

Comment

I got my third IPL yesterday. One more to go next month. Sadly until now not much benefit from it. I know that IPL is especially recommended when one has rosacea so I expected good Resultat. Maybe it just needs some more time who knows.
                            You may need more time, or you might have another issue going on that’s overlapping this. You could possibly have allergies also and not know it. You could be sleeping with your eyes open and not know it. That’s why dry eye is so hard to fix or treat, there are so many different things that can cause the dysfunction.

Comment

So I did a LipiView again yesterday.

On my request to look if I have partial blinking.

Detected was: left ey 1 out of 3 partial blinks
                              Right eye 3 out of 6 partial blinks

Doctor did not seem to know much about it - said nothing to worry.

What do you think? What can I do against it?
                              I am a partial blinker as well, diagnosed through Lipiview. The doctor said unless it's due to something obvious like eyelid surgery (which I haven't had) or certain illnesses, there is no sure way of knowing what the cause is, but it's usually either hereditary ie you were born with eyes like that, or that it developed over time through extended periods of computer usage, contact lens wear. I wish I had found out sooner I was a partial blinker......

You can train yourself to do full blinks naturally but it takes effort. I'm trying to do the blinking exercises, but I don't do them often enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X