I had AMT surgery for a pinguecula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had AMT surgery for a pinguecula

I had AMT surgery for a pinguecula with Dr Tseng about 2 1/2 weeks ago and have had a very good result. I had a similar surgery for conjunctivochalasis on the other eye about 15 years ago with with Dr Tseng and also had a very good result.

Thanks. Which Dr Tseng you are talking about, the one invented Clirdax tea tree oil wipers?
    Do you have dry eye? What are key differences between pinguecula and CCH, are they related? Thanks.

Comment

It's Dr Scheffer Tseng with tissuetech.com I had redness and burning with conjunctivochalasis. Dr Tseng removed the conjunctival tissue and placed amniotic membrane over that area to give me a smooth surface. The amniotic membrane helps to heal that area faster and prevents scarring. The pinguecula was causing tearing and also the conjunctival tissue was sticking to the inside of my eyelid. He removed the conjunctival tissue in the area of the pinguecula and also placed the amniotic membrane over that area for faster healing and to prevent scarring.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
        Thanks. Which Dr Tseng you are talking about, the one invented Clirdax tea tree oil wipers?
        Do you have dry eye? What are key differences between pinguecula and CCH, are they related? Thanks.
        Dr Tseng is out of Miami if I am correct. He did a lot of research on floppy eyelid and OSA. I think he’s a top tier dry eye doc, best of the best. Pingecula and cch are different. Google surfers eye or pingecula and check that out. It’s crazy lookin.

Comment

Originally posted by TARYN View Post
          It's Dr Scheffer Tseng with tissuetech.com I had redness and burning with conjunctivochalasis. Dr Tseng removed the conjunctival tissue and placed amniotic membrane over that area to give me a smooth surface. The amniotic membrane helps to heal that area faster and prevents scarring. The pinguecula was causing tearing and also the conjunctival tissue was sticking to the inside of my eyelid. He removed the conjunctival tissue in the area of the pinguecula and also placed the amniotic membrane over that area for faster healing and to prevent scarring.
          So happy both surgeries went well, thanks for posting that.

Comment

I have 4 pingeculas, living in Australia and not being made sun safe aware as a child has caused them to be on either side of my iris. I have often wondered if a pingecula could be related to my dry eyes. However I doubt it has anything to do with the amount of oil that come from the glands. Interesting. Congrats on you surgery I’m glad it went great!

Comment

I think anytime you don't have a smooth ocular surface, it causes a disruption of your tear film and it doesn't allow the tears to spread evenly over the ocular surface and causes dry eye. If you also have a problem with your oil, it is probably another component that is adding to your discomfort.

Comment

Dowork, My pinguecula was clear. It just looked like a raised bump.I looked up surfer's eye and yes I agree, the images look crazy. If my pinguecula wasn't causing tearing and my conjunctiva wasn't sticking to my eyelid, I would have left it alone

Comment

Working...
                X