Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here have conjunctival chalasis (CCH)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TARYN View Post
    Hi Alix. Make sure that after they excise the conjunctival folds that they cover the area with amniotic membrane. I think that is key to a successful outcome of having a smooth surface with no scarring and a quicker healing period.
    I will make sure I ask about amniotic membrane as well. Thank you again.

Comment

Alix I do believe addressing CCH could definitely possibly reduce the symptoms such as burning and tearing and possibly even some dryness/foreign body sensation. However when it comes to redness a lot of the time redness is caused by irritation to the eye and with low amount of meibomian glands it may be hard to reduce redness permanently. Not saying that it’s not possible but I don’t want you to be down if that is a symptom that is not fixed from the surgery. A great thing in the mean time there is a drop called lumify which works DIFFERENTLY to normal redness relievers and does not cause a rebound redness effect have a look up on it. It works wonders for people! I need to get myself a bottle as my eyes look absolutely horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Topher3 View Post
        Alix I do believe addressing CCH could definitely possibly reduce the symptoms such as burning and tearing and possibly even some dryness/foreign body sensation. However when it comes to redness a lot of the time redness is caused by irritation to the eye and with low amount of meibomian glands it may be hard to reduce redness permanently. Not saying that it’s not possible but I don’t want you to be down if that is a symptom that is not fixed from the surgery. A great thing in the mean time there is a drop called lumify which works DIFFERENTLY to normal redness relievers and does not cause a rebound redness effect have a look up on it. It works wonders for people! I need to get myself a bottle as my eyes look absolutely horrible.
        Yes you are right, I agree with you the redness is not likely to be fully resolved unless the other issues are fixed.I wish I could have been seen by a doctor who had picked up on everything wrong with my eyes at the outset and then put me on a coherent treatment plan. Instead I’ve seen about 10 different doctors now since last December each telling me something new/different so I’ve had to put 2 and 2 together myself. Not dismissing the doctors as rubbish, they are eminently qualified but they don’t seem to be very interested in anything other than sight threatening conditions.

As for Lumify I have tried in the past to get hold of it but unfortunately it’s not available in the UK and the online stores/pharmacies which sell it don’t ship to here either.

Let us know if it works or not I’d be interested to find out. I might be going to the States next year so could pick some up then.

Comment

Originally posted by TARYN View Post
          Hi Alix You can go back to work immediately. I felt great right away. I had some redness from the surgery. That disappears slowly over a 3-4 week period . It disappears with time and with the help of steroid eyedrops. Also I flew in to Miami for the surgery, so I was fine flying home which was a 2 hour flight. And yes, Dr Tseng will prescribe the use of his preservative free steroid drops to see if it helps the problem so you can avoid surgery. I had the AMT surgery yeas ago for CCH and more recently for a pinguecula . For both problems I had great results.
          With the CCH, I had redness and burning and with the pinguecula, I had tearing. For both problems, he excised the conjunctival tissue and then covered the area with amniotic membrane. For both it gave me a smooth ocular surface and stopped the burning, redness....and in the case of the pinguecula, it stopped the tearing
          Hi!! Would you recommend this Dr for my cch corrective surgery? I already had this surgery and it wasn't successful. I still need it fixed and no Dr in NY wants to help me. Thanks!

Comment

Did you get the corrective cch surgery?Yes I would recommend Dr Tseng for cch corrective surgery. He pioneered the surgery and is an expert at it. Sorry your original surgery wasn't successful.

Comment

Working...
            X