Time off work for punctual cautery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time off work for punctual cautery

Is time off work required after doing a punctual cautery? Kind of unsure how the recovery will be.

For what it's worth, here is my experience after my first time getting it done: http://forum.dryeyezone.com/forum/ar...-my-experience

I'd try to get a few days off work afterwards if you can.

Comment

I had my lower lids cauterized two weeks ago and my situation was similar to Saag's for the most part except I didn't have reflex/continual tearing. The injections were uncomfortable but tolerable. I actually went back to work that day but should have taken the rest of the day off and the following day now that I think about it.

All in all, I'm very happy I had the lower's cauterized as the comfort is much better overall and the nuisance of my plugs continually falling out over the past two years was very frustrating. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Glucoa View Post
        I had my lower lids cauterized two weeks ago and my situation was similar to Saag's for the most part except I didn't have reflex/continual tearing. The injections were uncomfortable but tolerable. I actually went back to work that day but should have taken the rest of the day off and the following day now that I think about it.

All in all, I'm very happy I had the lower's cauterized as the comfort is much better overall and the nuisance of my plugs continually falling out over the past two years was very frustrating. Good luck!
        Thanks. Did you have the cautery in the morning and and go work in the afternoon? I'm just getting one eye done.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt0029 View Post

Thanks. Did you have the cautery in the morning and and go work in the afternoon? I'm just getting one eye done.
          I had it done around 1pm and was back at work from 3-6pm on the computer. I had to close my eyes every minute or so since my eyelids were pretty sore and heavy. One eye might not be too bad but the numbing factor takes about 3-4 hours to completely wear off.

Comment

Originally posted by Glucoa View Post

I had it done around 1pm and was back at work from 3-6pm on the computer. I had to close my eyes every minute or so since my eyelids were pretty sore and heavy. One eye might not be too bad but the numbing factor takes about 3-4 hours to completely wear off.
            Is the numbing factor from the anesthetic injection? Is this what make your eye lids heavy?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt0029 View Post
              Is the numbing factor from the anesthetic injection? Is this what make your eye lids heavy?
              Yes, eyelids were a bit puffy and heavy afterwards due to the injection.

Comment

Working...
              X