Spironolactone and bleph inflammation and tearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spironolactone and bleph inflammation and tearing

I just wanted to point something out that wasn't obvious to me until very recently, and may help someone else out.

I've been taking spironolactone for the past year for an unrelated heart health issue.
    And, coincidentally, this past year, i've also had the worst eye-tearing and discharge as well. I couldn't figure it out. Went to an ophthalmologist 3 times. We couldn't figure it out. She thought it was a clogged tear-duct.

It's not until someone mentioned that testosterone can reduce inflammation.
    And then it all clicked.
    The spironolactone i'm taking, reduces testosterone, which is increasing my eye inflammation, which is why my tearing and discharge has been much worse than it ever has.
    I know the spironolactone has reduced my testosterone, because my libido is literally at 0%. If you don't know what that is, look it up.
    And spironolactone also happens to be one of the medz transgenders take, lol.

Blepharitis is inflammation. And that inflammation can be caused by 5000 different things.
    But a decrease in testosterone hormone, in my personal case, seems to be the culprit in making my bleph even worse than it normally is.

You're welcome.
Working...
X