LASIK dry eye, corneal damage etc. - possible resource if one has deep pockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAAG quattroboy

I always suspected this nerve pain that you are talking about. My cornea is clear but my eyes are always painful but my doctor always says it is because of dry eye. My lipid layer is around 30.
    Is this lipi layer enough for all this pain?

SAAG i think you have rosacea too like me. Have you had lipiview?

Comment

Originally posted by ebi1368 View Post
      My lipid layer is around 30. Is this lipi layer enough for all this pain?
      I don't know, sorry!

Originally posted by ebi1368 View Post
      Have you had lipiview?
      No... didn't want to spend the money since I wasn't prepared to follow up with Lipiflow afterwards.
      Last edited by SAAG; 10-Jan-2022, 20:41.

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post
        quattroboy Yeah, if cutting the nerves is the only approach he has, then I don't think he can be of help to me either since as far as I know, my nerves re-enervated the flap properly.

On the other hand, he also does some interesting things with PRP as far as I know (ex. injecting it adjacent to the lacrimal glands in addition to providing it as actual eye drops)... so that's also worth keeping in mind just in case it ever becomes of interest.

My textbook has shipped and is apparently arriving tomorrow.
        I actually reached out to him for the injections. My UK doc noticed my lacrimal glands looked small or even shrunk.

I sent him copies of my convocal and he came back with the response I posted.

Odd because my doc who did my convocal said the healing looked ok but the nerves were not long enough or dense enough yet.

Comment

Working...
        X