Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone whose dry eyes got better after eradicating demodex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use the maximum concentration allowed without side effects. I’m assuming it’s cut for safety/comfort reasons. Hope this works for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post
      Use the maximum concentration allowed without side effects. I’m assuming it’s cut for safety/comfort reasons. Hope this works for you!
      Honestly I am not hopeful about this hopeless condition anymore. I think I must be a big sinner and I am repaying my sins with this suffering. This doesn't seem to have an end. I am getting tired both mentally and physically managing this ****ing thing. My mind is always pre-occupied with thoughts of dry eyes. I don't have much space for anything else. You really can't be yourself without a healthy pair of eyes. All I do is fool myself each day hoping that my next move would definitely work. But nothing seems to be a solution. Now it's been more than a year and I still don't have a clue on what's the exact reason behind my eye condition. It seems my doctors are way too relaxed (saying that everything is fine) and I am the only idiot who's brain storming all the time to desperately find a long lasting solution.

My frustration level is at its peak. I just wrote a very long and elaborate post documenting all my observations on the results of my demodex protocol (following it for the last 7 days). I was typing on my phone when someone called me. The browser crashed and the auto save didn't save the entire post. So I gave up. You can clearly note that NOTHING is going right for me. This is holy punishment. I am obliged...

Comment

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

Honestly I am not hopeful about this hopeless condition anymore. I think I must be a big sinner and I am repaying my sins with this suffering. This doesn't seem to have an end. I am getting tired both mentally and physically managing this ****ing thing. My mind is always pre-occupied with thoughts of dry eyes. I don't have much space for anything else. You really can't be yourself without a healthy pair of eyes. All I do is fool myself each day hoping that my next move would definitely work. But nothing seems to be a solution. Now it's been more than a year and I still don't have a clue on what's the exact reason behind my eye condition. It seems my doctors are way too relaxed (saying that everything is fine) and I am the only idiot who's brain storming all the time to desperately find a long lasting solution.

My frustration level is at its peak. I just wrote a very long and elaborate post documenting all my observations on the results of my demodex protocol (following it for the last 7 days). I was typing on my phone when someone called me. The browser crashed and the auto save didn't save the entire post. So I gave up. You can clearly note that NOTHING is going right for me. This is holy punishment. I am obliged...
        I honestly think the same thing. I think I must have been bad to deserve this. Maybe I was. I’ve always been an asshole. I just don’t know what to do man. I’m having a hard time now with the glaucoma meds. They burn so bad I just cry when I put them in. And my wife cries because she hates seeing me in pain. It’s really killing my family.

I never wanted kids because my childhood was so bad. Then I fell so much in love with my wife I couldn’t imagine not starting a family with her. We have a daughter that I love so much and I want more kids but I cannot have them. I cried a lot yesterday about that. It kills me man. I just want to be a good dad and husband. I’m ruining my families life that’s why I just don’t want to be here. I’m a burden. I hate myself. I am sorry Milo. But that doesn’t really help either one of us. Being sorry dues nothing for our eyes. I feel hopeless. I don’t know how to continue this way either brother I really don’t.

You know now it sucks that the doctors out there aren’t treating how you feel rather than the signs. I’m at least lucky my doctor treats based on how I feel. But now look. You were worried about my pressure and I was like nah, it’s fine. Well here we are all worried about the pressure now. I genuinely thought I’d be ok at least for a while. At least a little bit. So I don’t know how to deal with this. I’m probably going to need theveyekid surgery.

one good thing is that yesterday I didn’t take the steroid in the left eye and I feel fine. Perfect actually. I know the right eye needs the steroid, but I wanted to experiment with the other eye. Looks like I may be able to go eod at least with the left eye. That should help too. I’m realizing I need to treat myself too because no one knows how I feel moment to moment, it’s month to month. So I need to start experimenting again and making changes.

Comment

Is anyone here having success with TTO treatment?
          I tried it before but not continously - I will now again try TTO for at least 4 weeks twice a day.
          I use pure TTO - yes, it burns when it gets into the eye and they turn red, but after like 2 minutes everything is good again. To be honest, cliradex is just too costly. I paid enough money for eyes already, I am tired of buying all these things and none of them ever work. So I just use pure TTO - anyone else who does this and has already success?

I just stumbled upon a study which shows that people who got recurrent chalazia may very well have an demodex issue - I already had 4 chalazia over the years.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23873491

Eyes are not itchy - but demodex can be there anyway. I hope I will get results.

Comment

Originally posted by insidious988 View Post
            I tried it before but not continously - I will now again try TTO for at least 4 weeks twice a day.
            I use pure TTO - yes, it burns when it gets into the eye and they turn red, but after like 2 minutes everything is good again. To be honest, cliradex is just too costly. I paid enough money for eyes already, I am tired of buying all these things and none of them ever work. So I just use pure TTO - anyone else who does this and has already success?

I just stumbled upon a study which shows that people who got recurrent chalazia may very well have an demodex issue - I already had 4 chalazia over the years.

Eyes are not itchy - but demodex can be there anyway. I hope I will get results.
            I use blephadex tto foam cleanser. I’m not sure if it has helped. My inflammation has gone down with posterior blepharitis. However I’m not sure if it is the TTO or the moisture chamber goggles. Don’t expect TTO to fix dry eyes. Usually for dry eyes to occur and to feel symptoms you are at the end/late stage. And usually structural changes have occurred by then. But TTO can definitely help towards making things more comfortable and manageable.

Comment

Originally posted by Topher3 View Post
              Don’t expect TTO to fix dry eyes. Usually for dry eyes to occur and to feel symptoms you are at the end/late stage. And usually structural changes have occurred by then.
              I don't agree with this completely. There have been cases where severe dry eyes got completely cured after addressing demodex infestation. I am doing a lot of study regarding this lately and I have found someone in the Facebook who happens to be an optometrist from UK. According to his experience demodex infestation can masquerade as severe MGD. The mites cause MGD by causing hyperkeratinization of the terminal duct epithelium by their clawing action which seals the gland orifices with a sheath of "skin" (oxidized lipids and epithelial debris). I am probably a live example of this. My gland orifices get blocked with such hyperkeratinized cappings. They reform after I puncture them daily within 12 hours. Probably the glands in my lower eyelids are more affected by demodex brevis since almost all of my eyelashes in my lower eyelids (more in left eye) are having cylindrical dandruff at their bases. More interestingly when I first had symptoms of MGD my right eye was the problematic one. My left eye had NO symptoms at all. I remember back then I noticed A LOT of cylindrical dandruff on the base of the eyelashes in my right upper eyelid. I didn't know about demodex back then. I came to know about them on November last year when I was started using 2-3 drops of tea tree oil in my eyelid scrub solution. After using for about a month the CD went away. I never thought demodex could wreak havoc. In December when I visited my optometrist again he told me your right is almost normal but tear is evaporating rapidly from my left eye. So my left eye went from the normal one to the more weaker one! After I started realizing that demodex could have a significant role to play I started noticing my eyelashes. In January I noticed that the eyelashes on my left eye had severe cylindrical dandruff (even now) and that was the more affected eye currently. So it inkled me towards addressing the demodex infestation. I used TTO on my eyelashes for 5 days and those were the best days in my life for a long time. I stopped using TTO because my eyelids got swollen. I doubt it's adulterated with some chemicals possibly. I ordered TTO from a reputed essential oil brand and is waiting for its arrival.

Will update what happens once I resume using TTO again. But even the adulterated one made a huge difference when I was applying it directly to the base of my eyelashes and the eyelids.

Currently I am using ivermectin cream over my eyelashes at night. I am complementing it with ivermectin lotion once daily for 10 minutes before bath (on my eyebrows, nose, cheek and forehead) and ivermectin shampoo daily. I will combine it with TTO scrub and mix some TTO in ivermectin cream to massage over closed eyelids and eyelashes at night.

Also I have taken 18mg of oral ivermectin yesterday. Will repeat the dose after 7 days and then after 14 days.

Let's see if my measures make a difference.

Comment

Are your sure if it's pure TTO at all?

More than 70% of the tea tree oil brands available in the market (including amazon,Walmart, CVS, etc.) are fake chemical fragrants or adulterated oils.

Probably pure TTO is too powerful to use on skin directly even once. It will burn your skin like anything and make it super sensitive. I would suggest you to dilute it to at least 50% before applying on skin and to buy TTO from a reputed essential oil company (who tests their oils from reputed labs and provides a GC/MS analysis of the samples).
                ​​​​

I have itchiness near the base of my eyelashes (particularly in the morning).
                Last edited by Milo007; 12-Feb-2019, 09:52.

Comment

I don't know. I live in Germany and hoenstly I don't know o any other brand and you will never know if it is 100 % pure - I have a lot of Things to worry over already so I don't want to worry over this too as there is no way to know or an easy way to get another product.

How do you dilute yours? How many drops TTO and how many drops from...?
                  This drives me crazy as verybody is telling something different.

Comment

I just got a phone number for a Drugstore where they mix TTO with Paraffin, one can choose between 20-50 % TTO. I ordered 50 % for just 8,50 € for 10 ml. But only stable for 4 week. I will try.

Comment

I don't know. I live in Germany and hoenstly I don't know o any other brand and you will never know if it is 100 % pure - I have a lot of Things to worry over already so I don't want to worry over this too as there is no way to know or an easy way to get another product.

How do you dilute yours? How many drops TTO and how many drops from...?
                      This drives me crazy as verybody is telling something different.
                      I was initially using raw TTO on my eyelids (don't know if it's pure TTO at all). I got swollen eyelids after 4-5 days of use once daily. I would suggest you to mix 1 drop of TTO to 1 drop of jojoba/macadamia nut oil/walnut oil to make a 50% TTO mixture (stir well using a matchstick to make it more homogeneous). Apply it with a q-tip soaked in the oil mixture on the base of your eyelashes and then using clean fingers over your closed eyelids. Wait for 15 minutes to dry it up. Then use baby shampoo and a few drops of water to make a thick lather on your palm and massage the lather over TIGHTLY closed eyelids for 30 seconds. Then rinse off under shower. Repeat the last step once again to wash off the mites around your eyes better.

At night prepare a 20% mixture of TTO and a carrier oil by adding one drop of TTO to 4 drops of carrier oil. Massage the mixture over closed eyelids and specially the eyelashes using clean fingers. Air dry for about 5 minutes and keep eyes closed for at least 10 minutes.

You can trust brands like doterra, young living, Edens garden, Revive, Plant Therapy and barefut for authentic essential oils.

Comment

I just got a phone number for a Drugstore where they mix TTO with Paraffin, one can choose between 20-50 % TTO. I ordered 50 % for just 8,50 € for 10 ml. But only stable for 4 week. I will try.
                        Paraffin is not a good idea for use around eyes.

Comment

I was initially using raw TTO on my eyelids (don't know if it's pure TTO at all). I got swollen eyelids after 4-5 days of use once daily. I would suggest you to mix 1 drop of TTO to 1 drop of jojoba/macadamia nut oil/walnut oil to make a 50% TTO mixture (stir well using a matchstick to make it more homogeneous). Apply it with a q-tip soaked in the oil mixture on the base of your eyelashes and then using clean fingers over your closed eyelids. Wait for 15 minutes to dry it up. Then use baby shampoo and a few drops of water to make a thick lather on your palm and massage the lather over TIGHTLY closed eyelids for 30 seconds. Then rinse off under shower. Repeat the last step once again to wash off the mites around your eyes better.

At night prepare a 20% mixture of TTO and a carrier oil by adding one drop of TTO to 4 drops of carrier oil. Massage the mixture over closed eyelids and specially the eyelashes using clean fingers. Air dry for about 5 minutes and keep eyes closed for at least 10 minutes.

You can trust brands like doterra, young living, Edens garden, Revive, Plant Therapy and barefut for authentic essential oils.
                          Baby Shampoo? That's what doctors recommended for years for lid hygiene but as of now most doctors consider baby shampoo BAD for eyes. Hm. I don't know.
                          Did you solve the demodex issue with this protocol? For how many weeks did you do it?

Comment

Paraffin is not a good idea for use around eyes.
                            Why? The recommondation is acutally from a doctor and he seems to have good results with his patients using this formula. I think for 4-6 weeks it should be ok, no? Then the demodex issue should be solved anyway and I only need some product for maintenance with lesser %.

Comment

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16234455

Lid scrub with 50% TTO (...) can further stimulate Demodex to move out to the skin.

...the Demodex count dropped to zero in seven of nine patients receiving TTO scrub in 4 weeks without recurrence.

I think These two sentences are important:

50 % TTO kills demodex
                              In about 4 weeks mites should be gone

Then it is only necessary to maintain the Situation. Maybe with cliradex or something with even less TTO like Naviblef (0,02 %) orBlephademodex (2,5 % TTO I think)

Comment

So even if Paraffin maybe not the best to mix with, it is a good solution and recommended by a doctor. 4 weeks Paraffin won't harm and the drug store sends me a ready-to-go bottle so I'm happy for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X