Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meibomian gland loss, how much do Dr’s know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s great to hear about that 97% is practically perfect . Just curious how come you need dry eye shields if your glands are practically all there? Is it an aqueous deficiency? Because I remember you mentioning your eyes burn If you don’t have them on? What’s causing that problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Topher3 View Post
      That’s great to hear about that 97% is practically perfect . Just curious how come you need dry eye shields if your glands are practically all there? Is it an aqueous deficiency? Because I remember you mentioning your eyes burn If you don’t have them on? What’s causing that problem?
      So with my disease, any physical insult is a giant trauma. So when I sleep face into the pillow, I’m causing these micro tears in the eyelid. Little cuts all over the conjunctiva. Now the inflamed conjunctiva makes the glands function improperly. I supppse years and years of that without treatment would cause significant gland loss. I know they’ve been effected. Just because the image is good doesn’t mean what’s going on in there is good...things coukd still be sluggish and bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post

So with my disease, any physical insult is a giant trauma. So when I sleep face into the pillow, I’m causing these micro tears in the eyelid. Little cuts all over the conjunctiva. Now the inflamed conjunctiva makes the glands function improperly. I supppse years and years of that without treatment would cause significant gland loss. I know they’ve been effected. Just because the image is good doesn’t mean what’s going on in there is good...things coukd still be sluggish and bad.
        I’ve come up with a theory which I know has already probably been thought of, but what would you say about it being a post viral infection inflicted auto immune response? For example I had a very bad fever not too long before this problem, what if mgd is due to damage caused from a viral infection. One of the top doctors in my country when I went to see him said “I’m 99% sure in the next few years we will find dry eye/mgd to be a symptom from a post viral infection”. This is an interesting theory.

Comment

Working...
        X