Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Novatears aka Evotears from Novaliq - has anyone tried it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novatears aka Evotears from Novaliq - has anyone tried it?

Hello, has anyone tried the Novatears aka Evotears manufactures by Novaliq? They are only available in Australia and Europe. As I am in Canada, I was wondering if anyone had tried them already. I have lost most of my meibomium glands and so I need something that will provide my eyes with more of a lipid layer. Thanks!

I have been using NovaTears for about a month and I think I like it so far (I was skeptical the first week or so). I find it hard to add just one tiny drop though because I can't feel it landing on my eye. I usually end up using too much and having to wipe away excess oil, which is a weird feeling. I can feel a subtle difference for a while after using it, like I can go a few more seconds before the stinging from evaporation gets too much and I have to blink. This is so encouraging!

It took me a while to stop expecting that refreshing flood of moisture I get from my other eye drops. That's what my other ones are for. I am definitely keen to keep using NovaTears.

Comment

Ai have novatears, really didn’t do anything for me. I have moderate gland atrophy, and I have low oil. And for what it provides based on its price, to me, is not worth it. Hylo forte drops are much more refreshing to me and a much bigger bottle for the same price it’s a no brainer. I didn’t even finish the bottle it’s still practically full. Give it a go definitely, but based on my experience only, don’t expect anything great to come of it.

Comment

I've been using EVOTears for less than three weeks now, and I have noticed a positive difference in my tear film stability. The studies I read pointed out the product starts working in six weeks, so I look forward to even more improvement. My meibomian glands atrophied years ago. Until I started using these drops, I suffered a lot and used eye drops (Celluvisc) continuously all day and (Refresh PM) ointment at night. I've been seeing opthamologists for evaporative dry eye since 2013, and none of them discussed these drops with me. I found this product accidently while researching DED treatments in Europe. TG for the Internet.

Comment

Thank you for your post. Are Evotears available in the uk?

Comment

Originally posted by LindaDawn View Post
            Thank you for your post. Are Evotears available in the uk?
            I ordered mine from UK website, but can't find em in the shops

Comment

Hi. Jack1988. How did you find EvoTears? Did they help you?

Comment

Originally posted by LindaDawn View Post
                Hi. Jack1988. How did you find EvoTears? Did they help you?
                Hi, I have not tried them yet! They are for lipid deficiency. Is that what you have?

Comment

Yes I do have lipid deficiency. Guess you are still awaiting delivery. Just interested in how you heard about these eyedrops (when I hadn’t) admits all the other eyedrops available,

Comment

I’ve tried Evotears - it felt like very diluted castor oil. The bottle is tiny and incredibly expensive. They did nothing for me at all which was very disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Alix View Post
                      I’ve tried Evotears - it felt like very diluted castor oil. The bottle is tiny and incredibly expensive. They did nothing for me at all which was very disappointing.
                      Did you use them all up or stop after you didn't think they worked?

Comment

I used them all up it was a very small bottle and contained very little liquid. It claimed it contained hundreds of drops as only a small amount is required but as the liquid is thin and oily it’s hard to control the amount that comes out so you end up using a lot more than necessary each time. As it’s oil based it feels nice on the eyes but for me the dryness came back only minutes later. I have very little oil coming out of my glands though so I’m an extreme case.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Alix. I feel sure that I can not tolerate sny drops with caster oil so may need to give these a miss.

Comment

Please read this on NovaTears www.dry-eye.eu

Comment

Interesting article. Thank you for posting.

Comment

Working...
                              X