Flaxseed oil/omega 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flaxseed oil/omega 3

Hello I was just wondering if I should take omega 3 or flaxseed oil. I was taking high strength fish oil however it ran out and to be honest I haven’t noticed a difference. I have heard promising things for SOME people. What is a proper dosage of flaxseed oil for effective changes to be felt? Or is it fair to say if fish oil didn’t work flax seed oil most probably won’t too.
    Last edited by Topher3; 13-Feb-2019, 19:22. Reason: English

Hi Topher3 ; I had tried flax seed oil for a while but it caused an acne flare up on my face and neck unfortunately (One of the causes of my MGD is Accutane, I have always had acnes).I am not sure at that time whether it had helped with dry eyes or not..

Comment

I guess it may not work for some. For me it was the turning point of my dry eye problems. I had started flaxseed for one thing and by accident it turned out it really helped me with eye comfort. I am in my 70's and have had dry eye problems all my life. I now take flaxseed and fish oil capsules twice a day. I know by reading here it seems like it maybe does not help everyone but to me it is worth a try.

Comment

Flax seed and krill oil intake is good, but when the situation is severe then it doesnt help much.
        Try castor oil and Evening Primrose oil, a little amount into the eyes.
        When you use these topically, the effect is also greater.

Comment

I've been told by an ophthalmologist that fish oil is better than flaxseed oil but I take the latter because I'm vegetarian.

Comment

hello topher3 i have been using flaxseed oil for my hair keep healthy and also for Treats Eczema flaxseed oil also reduces acne and heal your skin.

Comment

Working...
            X