Is it dry eye?Or could it be something else help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it dry eye?Or could it be something else help

Hello everyone I'm new to the forums and was wondering if anybody has dry eye symptoms similar to mines, I can't watch tv or be on my phone after a minute or 2 my eyes start hurting and burning like hell to make things even worse I cant read, black ink on white paper makes my eyes hurt so bad also cant go out I'm extremely sensitive to light I was in so much pain I had to ask for 2 weeks off from work,I had my eyeglands probe last week but had relieve for only 1 day, doc suggested scleral lenses I should be getting them next week he doesnt believe in lipiflow but I'm getting it done with another doc if anyone has a similar story to mines and could help me out I'd appreciate it thank you

I suffered from all those symptoms. Photophobia from lights indicates inflammation in the eye, you need to reduce that. Go to wish.com and purchase 4$ wileyx glasses ASAP to help reduce your evaporation of your aqueous layer. It will also help control the inflammation.

Are your eyes red or are the inside of your eyelids red steroids could go a long way to help fast track your inflammation and get you feeling some what normal. Fml a non penetrating steroid would be a good go to steroid.

I was like you with light sensitivity but now I have none that will go once inflammation goes down. I would probably try ipl before lipiflow as that also further helps reduce inflammation in the eyes and tends to be cheaper than lipiflow however takes longer 4 sessions over 3 months. The manual expression that follows is also helpful with secreting possible blocked glands.

In regards to your burning are your eyes really dry? I would recommend a preservative free eye drop such as hylo forte comod they are the best drops on the market and totally worth it.

Can you see capped glands when you look in a mirror? Like white cappings? I would suggest using warm compressed HOWEVER use a cold compress after to help reduce the inflammation after the warm will inflame it slightly, however it’s needed in order to help melt the possible hard meibum. Do some hard blinks after you take off the warm compress and massage lightly to work the crap out.

It could also be a Demodex infestation where you have too much bacteria around your eyes and in your glands, tea tree oil kills them after 2 weeks, and stops the mites from mating. It could be causing the inflammation and the dryness as they can block the glands and literally eat the glands from inside. Do you have flakes at the base of your eyelashes or red eyelids? Could be something to look into

Good of luck I was there you have a lot of room for improvement
    Last edited by Topher3; 14-Feb-2019, 20:31. Reason: Demodex

Comment

Thank you for your reply and advice,I tried xiria ,oasis, systane ultra eye drops,doxycycline but find no relief, I also do hot compresses but hardly get any tears to come out I tried unclogging my glands with the probing tool but hardly any oil comes out maybe I'm doing it wrong ice over my eyes seems to help me also xanax for my bad anxiety seems to reduce my pain I wonder why, I will try the tea tree oil tomorrow if I can find it without having to order it plus the glasses and eye drops my eyes aren't red at all but my eyelids are thank you for your help it has been a living hell these past months

Comment

I tried xiria,oasis, eye drops with no success,hot compresses hardly any tears come out doxycycline I tried unclogging my glands with the probing tool but hardly any oil comes out maybe I'm doing it wrong ice over my eyes seems to help me out also for some odd reason xanax for my bad anxiety eases my pain, I will try tree oil tomorrow if I can get it without ordering plus I'll order the glasses and eye drops, my eyes aren't red but my eyeglands are my eyes get dry easily I cant even drive around with the heat on in my truck,thank you for your reply and help means alot
        Last edited by Dryeyes1984; 14-Feb-2019, 22:18.

Comment

I’m happy to help, we are all here for one another. Yes cold compresses feel great for me too because it reduces inflammation. Keep that up, don’t do hot compresses just warm but don’t do them at all if you don’t know how to do them properly. To be honest some people get relief from it but a lot don’t really get any help. Once the glands malfunction it’s very hard to get them to even work again so just be prepared to ride this out for a while. But you’re not always gonna feel this shit trust me it gets easier.

Comment

Also how long have you had these symptoms for? Only recently or for a while now? I’m curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Topher3 View Post

Are your eyes red or are the inside of your eyelids red steroids could go a long way to help fast track your inflammation and get you feeling some what normal. Fml a non penetrating steroid would be a good go to steroid.
              I have always wanted to know what a normal palpebral conjunctiva looks like. Mine are almost always slightly reddish sometimes deep reddish. Only a handful of times I have seen the inside of my eyelids pale pink or pale whitish in color (mostly after a short course of steroids).

I have checked the inside of my mom's eyelids for a comparison. The inside of her eyelids are somewhat reddish too but she has mild symptoms and produce good volume of lipids (lid margins are always highly reflective).

It could also be a Demodex infestation where you have too much bacteria around your eyes and in your glands, tea tree oil kills them after 2 weeks, and stops the mites from mating. It could be causing the inflammation and the dryness as they can block the glands and literally eat the glands from inside. Do you have flakes at the base of your eyelashes or red eyelids?
              I will share a picture from the website of cliradex. The inside of my eyelids look pretty much like that shown in the pic (middle one). I don't know if it's inflammation but steroids definitely increase the yield of my meibomian glands.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CX-113-REV-1-CX-continuum-of-care-eyes_03-500x147.png
Views:	173
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	223062

Comment

Also how long have you had these symptoms for? Only recently or for a while now? I’m curious.
                It all started back in August of last year when I took my daughter and her cousin to six flags blurry vision and light sensitivity started but no dry eye after going to 5 eye docs they all told me they couldnt see anything wrong with my eyes 1 told me to take omega 3 vitamins and send me on my way

Fast forward to December my dry eye hell begins I hadn't gone out in months because I was in so much pain from the light sensitivity and now dry eyes it was work and straight to bed after eating but I thought maybe it's all in my head since docs cant find anything so just went and dealt with it

January came and I did research on dry eye docs around my area I stay in Chicago the doctor I'm going to did the eyegland probing and told me two of my eye glands on my right eye were dead, I felt instant relief but the very next day after
                going back to work my symptoms came back now I'm waiting on scleral lens

Last night when you told me about demodex infestation I went to clean my eyelashes like I do every day but this time I used dandruff shampoo and felt alot of relief less burning and dryness while I'm on my phone typing this, I'm getting the tree oil today could it be mites living on my eyelashes all this time? thank you for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

I will share a picture from the website of cliradex. The inside of my eyelids look pretty much like that shown in the pic (middle one). I don't know if it's inflammation but steroids definitely increase the yield of my meibomian glands.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CX-113-REV-1-CX-continuum-of-care-eyes_03-500x147.png
Views:	173
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	223062
                  it should be a pale pink to a reddish pink. When I had severe inflammation my eyelids were like extreme vibrant red and dark red, that’s when you know your glands are being damaged as your body is sending all histamine there to make the area more permeable to white blood cells so that they can do their job and “”fix” the problem. Which it won’t axtually do. I had red eyelids for about 9 months straight and that caused the glands to malfunction.

Have you gotten your tea tree oil yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Dryeyes1984 View Post

Last night when you told me about demodex infestation I went to clean my eyelashes like I do every day but this time I used dandruff shampoo and felt alot of relief less burning and dryness while I'm on my phone typing this, I'm getting the tree oil today could it be mites living on my eyelashes all this time? thank you for your help
                    Yes it absolutely could be mites on your eyelashes this whole time, did you ever get itchiness like right on the base of your eyelid that’s usually a give away, but there doesn’t have to be symptoms of itching to have demodex that’s how it goes unnoticed so easy.
                    Really hope it helps man, don’t forget to dilute the tea tree oil to a 50 % water concentration first to see if that burns or not if it’s fine up the concentration until you’re comfortable, the more concentration the better it will kill the mites.goodluck man keep me updated I’m interested in the results!

Comment

Never had any itchiness on my eyelids just pain,I went to buy the tea tree oil today at the Walgreens but like a dumbo didn't do my research and put it on my eyelashes pure and it burn like hell lol the burning stop an hour later but I must say my eyes feel less dry, and I could see a major difference when I went to watch tv for a bit less pain,later on i tried it again but this time i mix it with water and i even took a trip to target to test my eyes and had the heat in my truck full blast on purpose with no dryness and less light sensitivity could it be the tree oil getting rid of the mites and my inflammation going down, I will keep you updated you have help me more than these docs so far God bless you ,I might no need those expensive scleral lens after all that I pay for already

Comment

For sure! It definitely could be mites dying, sounds like it to me ! I really hope it is because you’ve had an incredible response after one application imagine after 2 months you could be back to normal. Keep it up and I’m so happy for you !

Comment

No the ****ing thing is stuck at the Delhi International Airport (India) in the customs department for the last 5 days. I really hate the customs.

Comment

it should be a pale pink to a reddish pink. When I had severe inflammation my eyelids were like extreme vibrant red and dark red, that’s when you know your glands are being damaged as your body is sending all histamine there to make the area more permeable to white blood cells so that they can do their job and “”fix” the problem. Which it won’t axtually do. I had red eyelids for about 9 months straight and that caused the glands to malfunction.

9 months of severe inflammation is quite detrimental to gland tissues. What caused it to begin with?

Comment

For sure! It definitely could be mites dying, sounds like it to me ! I really hope it is because you’ve had an incredible response after one application imagine after 2 months you could be back to normal. Keep it up and I’m so happy for you !
                              Something similar happened to me when I was using TTO. Don't know how it worked but my glands were pumping very good volume of lipids and the inside of my lid margins were pale pink in the morning after waking up (its usually reddish pink). I don't know if it's due to a decrease in mite activity.

I used ivermectin ointment for the last 5 days. The first day it got inside the eyes and burned like crazy. Next morning I woke up with so much inflammation (inside of my eyelids severely reddish) and I noticed that the yeild of my glands has almost gone to zero. I couldn't keep my eyes open for even a few seconds. After using steroids for the last 6 days there are still tracesof inflammation inside my eyelids. The yield of lipids has just come back slightly. This is what inflammation can do in just a day.
                              ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X