Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pinguecula surgery photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • pinguecula surgery photos

    Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	223126Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5132 2.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	223127Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5428.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	223128
    here is a preop photo of my pinguecula taken by my doctor and a 1 week post op and a 7 week post op taken taken by me

  • #2
    TARYN Click image for larger version  Name:	image_812.jpg Views:	1 Size:	192.5 KB ID:	223141

    The inside of your lower eyelid seems to be more reddish than normal.

    Did you feel a burning sensation in the inside of your eyelids when the picture was taken?

    Also what's the appearance (the color) of the inside of your eyelids now?

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Milo I agree it looks very red in this photo. Pre-op, because of the pinguecula, my conjunctiva stuck to the inside of the lid which may have caused the inside of the lid to get irritated and also the lid was being pushed and pulled a lot for the photos that were taken and that might have also added to the redness. Not sure. I thought this was the best pre-op photo to show how the pinguecula looks and the red vein next to it.

      These are 2 recent photos of how my eye looks now in a normal position. I guess the reason I had the surgery and what bothered me the most was the tearing and the vein in the white part of the eye and also that the conjunctiva stuck to the inside of the lid. The surgery seemed to solve those problems. The inside of my eyelid is much more pink than that pre-op photo
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8313 2.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	223176Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5416 2.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	223177

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TARYN View Post
        Hi Milo I agree it looks very red in this photo. Pre-op, because of the pinguecula, my conjunctiva stuck to the inside of the lid which may have caused the inside of the lid to get irritated and also the lid was being pushed and pulled a lot for the photos that were taken and that might have also added to the redness. Not sure. I thought this was the best pre-op photo to show how the pinguecula looks and the red vein next to it.
        So do you have dryness of eyes anymore?

        Did your doctor do a meibography to assess the condition of your meibomian glands?
        ​​​​​

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi Milo, My eyes feel great. I used to be aware my eyes in terms of feeling dryness or burning or irritation or checking to see if they were red. Now I don't think about my eyes which is pretty amazing.

          I used to have problems with my meibomian glands. They are much bette now. I use Thera Tears Sterilid now to clean my lids which I think is a great product, After I take my eye makeup off I clean my lids with Sterilid and it cleans my lashes and eyelid margins so well.

          At the height of problems with my meibomian gland dysfunction, I steamed my lids, I tried IPL (which caused more inflammation on my conjunctiva probably because of the chalasis and pinguecula) and probing. The probing did help. I don't know if I got a meibography. I know i had many tests done but didn't pay attention to the names of the tests.

          I had gone to so many doctors and did not get good results. I feel fortunate that this worked so well for both the function and cosmetic look of my eyes.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TARYN View Post
            Hi Milo, My eyes feel great. I used to be aware my eyes in terms of feeling dryness or burning or irritation or checking to see if they were red. Now I don't think about my eyes which is pretty amazing.

            I used to have problems with my meibomian glands. They are much bette now. I use Thera Tears Sterilid now to clean my lids which I think is a great product, After I take my eye makeup off I clean my lids with Sterilid and it cleans my lashes and eyelid margins so well.

            At the height of problems with my meibomian gland dysfunction, I steamed my lids, I tried IPL (which caused more inflammation on my conjunctiva probably because of the chalasis and pinguecula) and probing. The probing did help. I don't know if I got a meibography. I know i had many tests done but didn't pay attention to the names of the tests.

            I had gone to so many doctors and did not get good results. I feel fortunate that this worked so well for both the function and cosmetic look of my eyes.
            So was it basically the inflammation from pinguela and conjunctivochalasis that was causing your MGD?

            This sounds interesting. I am so happy to know you are doing so great! You are probably the first person whom I have interacted with who has got cured of MGD. This gives me some hope.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

              So was it basically the inflammation from pinguela and conjunctivochalasis that was causing your MGD?

              This sounds interesting. I am so happy to know you are doing so great! You are probably the first person whom I have interacted with who has got cured of MGD. This gives me some hope.
              I believe CCH and MGD are two different conditions which are unrelated. Doctors misdiagnose those who have symptoms of MGD when in fact it was CCH all along which was causing tear film instability, foreign body sensation etc. Once CCH surgery is performed, all of the typical dry eye symptoms go away.

              Unfortunately some people have both CCH and MGD.

              Comment


              • #8
                Milo, I do think it is all connected. Basically I was looking for relief and got it. Actually I remember when I went for my postop visit the next day after my surgery, the doctor said your eyes look shiny and healthy even though they still had 3-4 weeks of healing ahead.I guess in addition to all the complaints I had, my eyes looked dull because of the conjunctiva pulling on the inner lid. I guess everything in the eye/eyelid area had to be working well. The probing did help, but I think cleaning the lids with Sterilid has definitely helped.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Alix, yes they are separate conditions. After the AMT surgery, my tears were able to spread evenly over a smooth ocular surface and I got relief from burning and tearing plus I got a good cosmetic result because he used amniotic membrane so I wouldn't get scarring.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Alix View Post

                    I believe CCH and MGD are two different conditions which are unrelated. Doctors misdiagnose those who have symptoms of MGD when in fact it was CCH all along which was causing tear film instability, foreign body sensation etc. Once CCH surgery is performed, all of the typical dry eye symptoms go away.

                    Unfortunately some people have both CCH and MGD.
                    I think I have gone through some sources of information in the past where it was stated that dry eyes can lead to CCH or CCH can induce MGD in turn. CCH causes inflammation by the rubbing action of the loose conjunctiva against the inside of the eyelids so it can be a cause of MGD. Whereas MGD has been thought to be a cause of CCH again due to inflammation.

                    I will add link to a video by a doctor who states CCH as cause of dry eyes.


                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-u3Lyg4dnoA

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Milo, I agree I think it is all interrelated and everything must be working correctly or the components will cause problems. My doctor said the lid was dragging my conjunctiva and causing inflammation. I think so many things can cause CCH including just normal aging where things become loose. I watched the video and he said the CCH surgery was simple. I think doctors consider it a simple surgery. I wonder if he does it with amniotic membrane because I think that was a reason I got a good result.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TARYN View Post
                        Milo, I agree I think it is all interrelated and everything must be working correctly or the components will cause problems. My doctor said the lid was dragging my conjunctiva and causing inflammation. I think so many things can cause CCH including just normal aging where things become loose. I watched the video and he said the CCH surgery was simple. I think doctors consider it a simple surgery. I wonder if he does it with amniotic membrane because I think that was a reason I got a good result.
                        I agree with all you have said. He seems to be a good surgeon because I have had so many positive reviews about him from his actual patients. Planning to visit him in a few months. He's located around 1500+ kilometers from my location!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hi Milo, Good luck with Dr Tseng. In addition to being a great doctor, he is compassionate and a good listener and tried to find the causation for my symptoms. I think I would still have been suffering if it wasn't for him. Also he didn't push the surgery, I tried his preservative free steroid drops and probing first and also IPL from another doctor. When nothing helped, I told him I wanted to try the surgery. I am happy I did.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TARYN View Post
                            Hi Milo, Good luck with Dr Tseng. In addition to being a great doctor, he is compassionate and a good listener and tried to find the causation for my symptoms. I think I would still have been suffering if it wasn't for him. Also he didn't push the surgery, I tried his preservative free steroid drops and probing first and also IPL from another doctor. When nothing helped, I told him I wanted to try the surgery. I am happy I did.
                            TARYN

                            Unfortunately I reside far from US. I am from India. So I can't reach Dr. Tseng at the moment. But is he the same Dr. Tseng who has so many research papers on ocular surface diseases?

                            I read some of his papers on ocular demodex infestation management.

                            You are lucky to have such a good doctor within your reach!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hi Milo, Yes it is Dr Scheffer Tseng and he is known for his research. I traveled to see him because the doctors in the Washington DC area were not helping me. It was only a short flight so I understand why traveling from India would be difficult. I have seen patients from out of the country when I am there so I know many people make the trip to see him. There was someone from Argentina who was also there for a post op visit the last time I was there. Maybe you can call his office and he could recommend a doctor that is closer to you.

                              Comment

                              Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X