Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

conjunctivochalasis photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • conjunctivochalasis photos

    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN7442.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	223130Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6142.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	223131Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5405.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	223132
    Here is a prep photo my conjunctivochalasis taken by my doctor and a postop photo at one week and a photo at 7 weeks taken by me

  • #2
    I am glad the surgery worked for you, your eye looks great now. I can only dream of having white vein free sclera like this!

    Did you have CCH at the sides only? I think I can see it in your first photo.
    Was it visible when your eyes were open normally or did you have to pull your eyelid down to be able to see it?

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Alix I had chalasis in the outer corner of my eye. I did not have chalasis in the inner corner of my eye near the nose. So the surgery was only in the outer corner. The irritation and visible veins definitely showed when my eyes were open normally plus my eye burned.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TARYN View Post
        Hi Alix I had chalasis in the outer corner of my eye. I did not have chalasis in the inner corner of my eye near the nose. So the surgery was only in the outer corner. The irritation and visible veins definitely showed when my eyes were open normally plus my eye burned.
        Hi Taryn I can see the irritation and veins, but what I meant was could you see the redundant folds without moving your lower eyelid down?
        The reason I am asking is that I was told I had CCH by a doctor but then when I went to see a corneal surgeon about potential surgery I was told it was not CCH to speak of because the folds were not hanging out. I have a small fold in the lower outer corner of my eyes which you can only see when I pull my lower eyelid down. Apparently this is "normal".

        Comment


        • #5
          I had "mild conjunctivochalasis" but it was wreaking havoc on my eyes. The only time I could see the chalasis was when the doctor did a video of my eye and I could see a loose conjunctiva.
          They can tell you it's normal, but if you have constant burning or irritation, that is not normal.
          My doctor did not push for the surgery. I was fed up with my constant redness, irritation, burning, tearing etc that I was willing to take a chance and told him I wanted the surgery.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TARYN View Post
            I had "mild conjunctivochalasis" but it was wreaking havoc on my eyes. The only time I could see the chalasis was when the doctor did a video of my eye and I could see a loose conjunctiva.
            They can tell you it's normal, but if you have constant burning or irritation, that is not normal.
            My doctor did not push for the surgery. I was fed up with my constant redness, irritation, burning, tearing etc that I was willing to take a chance and told him I wanted the surgery.
            This is interesting. I do have constant burning and irritation but only in one eye these days. The CCH looks the same in both eyes so the surgeon told me this cannot be the cause of my symptoms, it is the MGD/Blepharitis.

            If the sclerals don't work out I will reconsider my options.....

            Comment


            • #7
              It doesn't matter what he says. Find out how much experience he has with the surgery and how often he does it. Trust your feelings. If you have constant burning and irritation, that is not normal. You should consider the surgery. Just make sure you go to the right doctor does it on a regular basis.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Alix View Post

                This is interesting. I do have constant burning and irritation but only in one eye these days. The CCH looks the same in both eyes so the surgeon told me this cannot be the cause of my symptoms, it is the MGD/Blepharitis.

                If the sclerals don't work out I will reconsider my options.....
                When you say only in one eye? Does that mean you have fixed one of your eyes to be able to not be dry anymore was just wondering how.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Alix View Post

                  This is interesting. I do have constant burning and irritation but only in one eye these days. The CCH looks the same in both eyes so the surgeon told me this cannot be the cause of my symptoms, it is the MGD/Blepharitis.

                  If the sclerals don't work out I will reconsider my options.....
                  You could take a chance with the surgery and it might make a difference. Dry eyes are so multi factorial that you never know for certain what is contributing to the thing and by how much until you address the possible causes one by one.

                  Don't know how costly is the surgery though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Topher3 View Post

                    When you say only in one eye? Does that mean you have fixed one of your eyes to be able to not be dry anymore was just wondering how.
                    It happens with me too. My eyes manifest symptoms variably (even on hourly basis). Sometimes it's only one of my eyes that's burning and after a few minutes it could be the other one. But the burning sensation stems from inside of the lower eyelids in most occasions.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Topher3 View Post

                      When you say only in one eye? Does that mean you have fixed one of your eyes to be able to not be dry anymore was just wondering how.
                      Hi I havenít fixed anything unfortunately. According to the doctors I have seen my eyes look exactly the same as each other in terms of gland loss, inflammation, CCH. Schirmers test and TBUT more or less the same. It is a medical mystery why the signs are the same in both eyes and yet I have symptoms mainly in my left eye.

                      I have the same issue as Milo in that my symptoms fluctuate, some days my right eye flares up and is bright red, other days my left eye would inexplicably feel semi normal and then inexplicably go back to the same burning pain.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

                        It happens with me too. My eyes manifest symptoms variably (even on hourly basis). Sometimes it's only one of my eyes that's burning and after a few minutes it could be the other one. But the burning sensation stems from inside of the lower eyelids in most occasions.
                        Same here I feel the burning in the inside of the lower eyelid of my left eye. Thatís why I was sure it was CCH. Have you been examined for this as well?

                        The surgeon I saw was at Moorfields NHS, had I been given the go ahead for the surgery it would have been free, I am thankful that healthcare is free in the UK. But as it has been ruled out by the NHS I would have to go see a private doctor. Not sure how much surgery would cost but I have private health insurance through work so should only cost a couple of hundred pounds. Still a couple of hundred here and there adds up.

                        The corneal surgeon was adamant that it was not worth the risk. I will reconsider if my symptoms worsen and the sclerals donít work out for me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Alix View Post

                          Same here I feel the burning in the inside of the lower eyelid of my left eye. Thatís why I was sure it was CCH. Have you been examined for this as well?

                          The surgeon I saw was at Moorfields NHS, had I been given the go ahead for the surgery it would have been free, I am thankful that healthcare is free in the UK. But as it has been ruled out by the NHS I would have to go see a private doctor. Not sure how much surgery would cost but I have private health insurance through work so should only cost a couple of hundred pounds. Still a couple of hundred here and there adds up.

                          The corneal surgeon was adamant that it was not worth the risk. I will reconsider if my symptoms worsen and the sclerals donít work out for me.
                          Unfortunately I haven't been examined by a surgeon for CCH. This is something I have noted down as my next 'to ask' thing in my next appointment. The inside of my lower eyelids are almost always inflamed with variable degree of burning.

                          I hope CCH surgery will bring you some relief. The burning is sometimes relentless.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

                            It happens with me too. My eyes manifest symptoms variably (even on hourly basis). Sometimes it's only one of my eyes that's burning and after a few minutes it could be the other one. But the burning sensation stems from inside of the lower eyelids in most occasions.
                            That is very strange and sounds like itís bordering onto a neuropathic pain, for eyes to burn intimittently and randomly is absurd when you think from a physical standpoint.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Topher3 View Post

                              That is very strange and sounds like itís bordering onto a neuropathic pain, for eyes to burn intimittently and randomly is absurd when you think from a physical standpoint.
                              If the burning was centered around the cornea I would have thought of neuropathic pain. But the burning sensation is at the inside of my lower eyelids at most times (almost always the temporal corner). Also the inside of my lower eyelids are bright reddish pink most times.

                              I think there could be an explanation. Maybe the secretions vary from time to time so that when the volume of secretions is low the tear LLT is low and this may result in increased friction giving rise to inflammation and the temporary burning sensation. When the secretions are better the opposite happens. I may go for a recourse of doxycycline to see if can break the cycle of inflammation.

                              Comment

                              Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X