Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meibomian Gland Regeneration - A little hope...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meibomian Gland Regeneration - A little hope...

Spotted this article today :

https://stemcellsportal.com/article-...and-reveal-all

Thank you for this Milo!

Comment

I too have moderate to severe MGD... lots of gland atrophy and some drop out...it’s quite distressing. I’m doing what I can to keep what I have functional. I came across this article:

https://bjo.bmj.com/content/102/1/59

Has anyone tried probing? I keep being told not to have it by optometrists and optomoligists...I’m currently under going IPL. I would like to get some length in my MGs back.
      Last edited by Dryinvancity; 18-Feb-2019, 13:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Dryinvancity View Post
        I too have moderate to severe MGD... lots of gland atrophy and some drop out...it’s quite distressing. I’m doing what I can to keep what I have functional. I came across this article:

https://bjo.bmj.com/content/102/1/59

Has anyone tried probing? I keep being told not to have it by optometrists and optomoligists...I’m currently under going IPL. I would like to get some length in my MGs back.
        I had probing done didn't work for me relief only lasted a day. I was so happy I thought I was cure, but I hear it has work for other people I'm just wondering if lipiflow can help me since probing didnt work for me

Comment

Originally posted by Dryeyes1984 View Post

I had probing done didn't work for me relief only lasted a day. I was so happy I thought I was cure, but I hear it has work for other people I'm just wondering if lipiflow can help me since probing didnt work for me
          I think Lipiflow only works for mild mgd. I had it done and it did not work...I have moderate mdg with gland atrophy and loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Dryinvancity View Post

I think Lipiflow only works for mild mgd. I had it done and it did not work...I have moderate mdg with gland atrophy and loss.
            I dont know what's going to happen with me I'm in a messed up situation I do have scleral lens due this week I hope they help

Comment

I dont know what's going to happen with me I'm in a messed up situation I do have scleral lens due this week I hope they help
              Have you tried IPL? I think it is more effective than Lipiflow.

Comment

No,not alot of eye doctors in Chicago offer ipl but every doctor offers lipiflow so far I found one I'm going to give the office a call

Comment

Originally posted by Alix View Post
                  Thank you for this Milo!
                  You are welcome!

Comment

They will certainly help if you can tolerate them. Fit is the key. Make sure the fit is very comfortable and don't stop unless they make the best fit for you. If you can tolerate the sclerals it will make you fully functional for your work hours.

Hope it works for you very well!

https://www.eyeprintpro.com

You can try eye print pro for a perfect fit of sclerals matching the exact contours of your eyes. Please check if you have a eye print pro centre near your location.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

They will certainly help if you can tolerate them. Fit is the key. Make sure the fit is very comfortable and don't stop unless they make the best fit for you. If you can tolerate the sclerals it will make you fully functional for your work hours.

Hope it works for you very well!

https://www.eyeprintpro.com

You can try eye print pro for a perfect fit of sclerals matching the exact contours of your eyes. Please check if you have a eye print pro centre near your location.
                      Thank you my friend I'll let you know how it goes I'm supposed to get them friday

Comment

Dryeyes1984 Don't lose out hope if the first fit isn't perfect. I currently have my third pair coming shortly after some more trial and error. They do feel great for my MGD but cloud up after an hour. Fingers crossed.

Comment

CJ L. Thanks I got them today I tried putting them on but get a bubble every time, I have to go to my doctor at his other location tomorrow so he can show me how to put them in properly I'm in so much pain I couldnt wait hopefully tomorrow I can get some relief

Comment

Dryeyes1984 yep, it's no different than learning how to put a standard soft contact in. Just takes reps. Keep it up and try not to get too frustrated. It gets easier every time.

Comment

CJ L. I tried the sclerals and couldnt tolerate them my eyes where still burning in pain even after having them on my doctor told me to go see a neurologist because it's weird that my eyes still hurt after having sclerals on. I dont know what to do anymore this pain is unbearable I just want to die doctors seem clueless, can eyes hurt even with sclerals on if eyeglands are clogged and oil is not being produced can someone help me out with this question

Comment

Working...
                              X