Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone experienced fogging inside Moisture Chamber Glasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone experienced fogging inside Moisture Chamber Glasses?

Hello to all once again,

Have you ever experienced fogging inside moisture chamber glasses (specially when the ambient temperature is on the lower side)?

I am considering an anti fog spray like the "gear aid" anti fog spray (sold on the ziena eyewear store).

Has anyone tried the "gear aid" anti fog spray or any other anti fog options?

My MCGs fog on most occasions when I am in an air-conditioned environment.

​​​​

Of course they’re going to fog up, your eyes are hotter than the outside temperature. Have your MCG’s got holes to allow a little bit of air to evaporate to moisture?

Comment

Originally posted by Topher3 View Post
      Of course they’re going to fog up, your eyes are hotter than the outside temperature. Have your MCG’s got holes to allow a little bit of air to evaporate to moisture?
      Yes they have got tiny holes along the eyecups and the seal is not perfect too. There are a few gaps around the edges of the eyecups. When my eyes are very bad (scarce lipids expressing out) I get so much of fog inside the MCGs. When I see good amounts of lipids coming out of the gland orifices there's no fogging at all. So fogging inside the MCGs are a direct indicator of my LLT and real time gland performance. Interestingly it varies throughout the day.

Comment

Have you gotten your tea tree oil yet?!

Comment

Originally posted by Topher3 View Post
          Have you gotten your tea tree oil yet?!
          No man. I have written four mails to the USPS and they keep telling me it's not the correct department to place an enquiry for international shipments. They don't have an email to take grievances from international customers (residents outside US). What a shame!

I have emailed the Edens Garden authorities as well to investigate the matter from their end. They have replied once asking me if my shipment address was provided correctly (yes I provided the correct address). They also said sometimes shipments are put on hold at customs for longer than anticipated and the tracking updates are not refreshed until the final delivery is made. So pretty helpless at the moment.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...427869811US%2C

Comment

I wanted to give some advice on how I prevent fogging in my moisture chamber glasses, for anyone who needs some tips so I found this old thread. I've so far tried an anti-fog spray that I bought from Amazon called Optix 55 Fog Gone, it has great reviews but didn't work at all on my glasses. Next, I tried baby shampoo, worked better than the anti-fog spray but still allowed fog on the lenses. Finally, my mom bought me some shaving cream for me to try because she read somewhere that it worked and to my absolute amazement it worked completely. The trick is applying a dab with your finger and rubbing it in a bit and letting it dry, then VERY gently buffing it with a soft cloth only to remove streaks. Works!

Comment

Thank you so much for your post. Great to get these tips.

Comment

Working...
              X