Did Azithromycin eyedrops help you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post
    Quite reasonable! The choice of natrasan is a very smart move. One of our senior members SAAG has extensive experience with natrasan. You can read her posts on the same.
    Here are two threads on Natrasan that are worth a read for anyone dealing with MGD:

hannsho started this thread, which was extremely helpful and is how I originally heard about Natrasan: http://forum.dryeyezone.com/forum/dr...eyelid-hygiene

And this is my thread that Milo007 was referring to: http://forum.dryeyezone.com/forum/dr...ygiene-and-mgd

I hope these help! :-)

Comment

Milo, Deep Dry Eye, Saag: many thanks

Comment

SAAG, you may wish to have a look at the web page I posted a few posts back for Milo, a Dr Hagan on Medhelp. he discusses OSD and using Restasis vials for 3 days and a lot of other info. I have seen that you have advised about this and other topics on other pages

Comment

Originally posted by Giacomo View Post
          Milo, Deep Dry Eye, Saag: many thanks
          You are always welcome! :-)

Comment

SAAG, you may wish to have a look at the web page I posted a few posts back for Milo, a Dr Hagan on Medhelp. he discusses OSD and using Restasis vials for 3 days and a lot of other info. I have seen that you have advised about this and other topics on other pages
            I'm not sure I understand... are you suggesting I try Restasis and use the bottles until they're empty? If so, I already do that. :-)

A great resource for treatment options, that is the most comprehensive I've ever seen, is the DEWS report: http://www.tfosdewsreport.org/report...port/36_36/en/

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post

I'm not sure I understand... are you suggesting I try Restasis and use the bottles until they're empty? If so, I already do that. :-)

A great resource for treatment options, that is the most comprehensive I've ever seen, is the DEWS report: http://www.tfosdewsreport.org/report...port/36_36/en/
              He's referring to the following link as a source of useful information. The author of the article is Dr. Hagan (the opthopthalmologist who's treating him).

https://www.medhelp.org/user_journal...rface-Disorder
              Last edited by Milo007; 09-Mar-2019, 06:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

She's referring to the following link as a source of useful information. The author of the article is Dr. Hagan (the opthopthalmologist who's treating her).

https://www.medhelp.org/user_journal...rface-Disorder
                Thank-you for clarifying. The article he linked to is a nice summary of things that anyone with dry eye should consider.
                Last edited by SAAG; 09-Mar-2019, 07:12.

Comment

Glad I could help. But GIACOMO is a HE not SHE. It is the italian name for Jim or james

(-: (-:

AGAIN , thanks so much for your valuable input. And also to deep dry eye.

That Dr Hogan provides valuable info on Medhelp for all eye care questions, by the way

Comment

Dear Milo and SAAG, i’m Glad I could help with the reference to Medhelp and Dr Hagen. He is an invaluable resource for eye care questions

by the way, Giacomo is the italian name for Jim or James. I am a He not a She, not that it matters

and thanks again for all your valuable comments in this thread and others

Comment

Dear Milo and SAAG, i’m Glad I could help with the reference to Medhelp and Dr Hagen. He is an invaluable resource for eye care questions

by the way, Giacomo is the italian name for Jim or James. I am a He not a She, not that it matters

and thanks again for all your valuable comments in this thread and others
                      Some gentlemen are so polite and soft spoken that I tend to think there's a lady on the other side. My intuition is pretty bad in this regard. Sincere apologies!

It was a pleasure to converse with you. Do feel comfortable to seek any form of information or advice in this forum. We are all here to help each other and hopefully make life a lot easier than they are apparently.

Comment

With regards to Azithromycin (Azyter) how long is it supposed to be used for to help the lipids? Its not a long term medication like cyclosporine. Is a month or so of use the usual protocol?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt0029 View Post
                          With regards to Azithromycin (Azyter) how long is it supposed to be used for to help the lipids? Its not a long term medication like cyclosporine. Is a month or so of use the usual protocol?
                          Double check with your doctor, but the idea is that you use it for one month and it will flush out your glands. If it works they might give you more to use for another month, but it is not something that is to be used for months on end. I read in a research paper somewhere that in France, people use it once a month for 6 months but that is not the protocol in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Alix View Post

Double check with your doctor, but the idea is that you use it for one month and it will flush out your glands. If it works they might give you more to use for another month, but it is not something that is to be used for months on end. I read in a research paper somewhere that in France, people use it once a month for 6 months but that is not the protocol in the UK.
                            there is no standard protocol -- but once a day , once every other day , for a month is both reasonable. at which point, you can transition to other treatments to control / suppress the inflammation --i.e., Xiidra, Restasis, IPL.

Comment

I've been told to use the Azyter twice a day three days on, three days off for 3 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X