Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eye drops that increase mucin production?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt0029 View Post
    Is finding the source almost impossible though?
    We can try to troubleshoot the source. But for that we need to do certain things step by step and eliminate the possibilities. Once you get the MCGs we can proceed further. MCGs will rule out the inflammation due to evaporative stress. Then we shall try and address the other possible sources of inflammation to see if they make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

The most profound source of inflammation is due to rapid evaporation of tears resulting in tear hyperosmolarity. If moisture chamber glasses do make you comfortable you will come to know about it. Let's wait until you get hold of your MCGs.
      I have ordered the glasses, they should be here this week. Do these stop the evaporation of ones tears? Helping to stop tear hyperosmolarity while wearing them?

Comment

Do these stop the evaporation of ones tears? Helping to stop tear hyperosmolarity while wearing them?
        It all depends on the fit. If the fit is decent it will significantly "reduce" the rate of evaporation of your tears. A reduction in the rate of tear film evaporation will prevent the tear film from becoming thin and hyperosmolar.

Comment

OK thanks, you sound very knowledgeable, have learnt alot from your answers in this post. I'll see if they help when they arrive. Not wanting to jump the gun but Is there anything else that would stop this type of inflammation?

Comment

Guess I'm best of waiting to see how I get on with the MCG and take it from there ☺

Comment

Guess I'm best of waiting to see how I get on with the MCG and take it from there ☺
              Yes exactly!

Comment

Not wanting to jump the gun but Is there anything else that would stop this type of inflammation?
                Well until you find out what's causing the inflammation you can only control it with drugs. I would advise you to taper off steroids and get on doxycycline. You may add xiidra to your routine. Another thing that helps with inflammation are cold compresses! You might do 4-5 sessions of cold compresses (at around 18°C) for 5 minutes every time and they would certainly help. If you plan to use steroids a bit longer get your IOP checked every 4-5 days to monitor the risk of optic nerve injury.

Comment

Sometimes low LLT can cause inflammation in itself from evaporative stress, so milo is correct a lot of the inflammation is killed off with the MCG’s from there you might want to try and clear out the glands with 4 sessions of IpL and manual expression (not while on doxy) once finished that I would probably recommend an azithromycin drop or going on doxycycline to continue battering down the inflammation until the meibomian glands gain functionality again (hopefully).

Comment

Thanks i will ask my eye doc. About doxy and azithromycin.

Comment

Is that what doxy. Does attacks the inflammation of the meibomian glands?

Comment

Never had this suggested before I'm on ikervis at the moment .

Comment

I always thought doxy was if one had blepharitis. Which I don't have so never asked about it. It's about a month since I last saw my eye doc. I'm due a follow up in 2/3 from my last appointment.

Comment

Originally posted by Topher3 View Post
                            Sometimes low LLT can cause inflammation in itself from evaporative stress, so milo is correct a lot of the inflammation is killed off with the MCG’s from there you might want to try and clear out the glands with 4 sessions of IpL and manual expression (not while on doxy) once finished that I would probably recommend an azithromycin drop or going on doxycycline to continue battering down the inflammation until the meibomian glands gain functionality again (hopefully).
                            Can I ask what you mean by low LLT? Not heard this term before thanks.

Comment

Can I ask what you mean by low LLT? Not heard this term before thanks.
                              Lipid Layer Thickness. It's the thickness of the lipid layer of the tear film measured in nano metres (earlier in ICU).

Comment

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

We can try to troubleshoot the source. But for that we need to do certain things step by step and eliminate the possibilities. Once you get the MCGs we can proceed further. MCGs will rule out the inflammation due to evaporative stress. Then we shall try and address the other possible sources of inflammation to see if they make a difference.
                                MCG glasses do help quiet a lot. So the low tbut could be the source of my inflammation?

Comment

Working...
                                X