Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eye drops that increase mucin production?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And or a low lipid layer. I see my doc these week I plan on asking about trying Azithromycin and/or doxy to try get my Meibomian glands working better and improve my lipid layer. Does that sound a good idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt0029 View Post
      And or a low lipid layer. I see my doc these week I plan on asking about trying Azithromycin and/or doxy to try get my Meibomian glands working better and improve my lipid layer. Does that sound a good idea?
      Give Azithromycin a try first -- if you are in a country with Azyter , give that a try. I would say 4 wk trial with 1 drop per day. If you do not have access to Azyter, you can try z-pack (5 day) or Doxy 40mg (for 1 month).

Comment

MCG glasses do help quiet a lot. So the low tbut could be the source of my inflammation?
        If MCGs are helping you significantly then it's obvious that you have a thin lipid layer. Well a thin and unstable lipid layer can indeed cause further inflammation. So you are addressing that cause of inflammation. But there could be other sources of inflammation simultaneously present. Do you have occasional itching near the base of your eyelashes or the corners of your eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

If MCGs are helping you significantly then it's obvious that you have a thin lipid layer. Well a thin and unstable lipid layer can indeed cause further inflammation. So you are addressing that cause of inflammation. But there could be other sources of inflammation simultaneously present. Do you have occasional itching near the base of your eyelashes or the corners of your eyes?

I haven't really noticed any itching is this a sign of allergies?

Comment

I haven't really noticed any itching is this a sign of allergies?
            Could be allergies. But I was more specifically indicating itching from demodex.

Comment

Working...
            X