Scleral lens experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scleral lens experience

I am finally getting Scleral lens with DrG. My first appointment is tomorrow. I will summarize my experience in case it might help someone.

wish me luck

Good luck. Just got my first ones about 5 weeks ago.

Comment

I hope this works for you!

Comment

I tried the first set of lense today. My vision is a lot worse with lenses and the fit is not good. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Comment

Was that at the office or at home?

Comment

Both in the office and at home

Comment

I got my final lens today. The final one is 17 mm. He also gave me a pair of18mm. My vision is better with the lense. Still a bit of ghosting but I can live with that. My HOA is not a lot.

I wore them for 4 hours today. I have pain in my head that I hope lens will reduce it. Time will tell

Anyway I am happy with visiting DrG.

Comment

Dr G answered my question about ghosting. Here is I put it in case anyone interested.

The fact is that I looked at the aberrometer scans and they show no ghosting in the right eye with #4 lens, and only a slight amount in the left eye with #4 lens. Compared to before without a lens there is drastic improvement. You also mentioned that prism makes things look clearer and this indicates some kind of eye misalignment which is a different kind of doubling.

Comment

We are all so different. I have wicked ghosting and eyes are blurry until I put these in. I am useless without them. With them in my eyes do not work together. I went through a similar thing when I had prk(hope I got them in the right order) but over time the brain is supposed to make it work. Which it did. Now starting over again. Not sure that is the exact same thing but it sounded like it. Dark glasses seems to help a little for me. Hopefully time will help. You must have a follow up coming soon and maybe you will get some answers there. Hope for the best for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X