No announcement yet.

Significant Improvement -- Sharing My Treatment Protocol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news! I’m very happy for you! Where do you buy the HydroEyes as it’s not available in Canada? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dryinvancity View Post
      Great news! I’m very happy for you! Where do you buy the HydroEyes as it’s not available in Canada? Thanks!
      I get it from amazon.com , I travel to the states to pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post
        Literally, consciously blink after 3 seconds.
        May I ask how you remember to blink every 3 seconds when offline? I need tips! :-)

On the computer, I have the TimeOut app set up to flash the screen at regular intervals as a blink reminder - it's so good that if I am disciplined and don't ignore any of the reminders, my eyes feel BETTER after being on the computer compared to how I'd feel if I hadn't used it - even if I've been online for HOURS. It's fricking incredible!

But when I'm offline and don't have the blinking reminders, even an interesting conversation is enough to cause me to stop blinking often enough if I get too caught up in the convo... resulting in bone dry, painful eyes afterward.

Short of having someone follow me around poking me with a cattle prod every 3 seconds to remind me to blink, I'm not sure how to fix this haha

Comment

Hi SAAG

Blinking - I put stickers everywhere at home, coffee machine, doors, etc.
          Also ask my family to remind by saying, blink - sounds strange/silly but might help.

Ointment without lanolin
          You asked this before, sorry hard to locate it so I reply here.
          Hard to find such ointment but maybe try GEL, with HA, like Thealoz Duo Gel or EvoTears (pure oil? - very expensive)
          Last edited by MGD1701; 24-Mar-2019, 06:12.

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post

May I ask how you remember to blink every 3 seconds when offline? I need tips! :-)

On the computer, I have the TimeOut app set up to flash the screen at regular intervals as a blink reminder - it's so good that if I am disciplined and don't ignore any of the reminders, my eyes feel BETTER after being on the computer compared to how I'd feel if I hadn't used it - even if I've been online for HOURS. It's fricking incredible!

But when I'm offline and don't have the blinking reminders, even an interesting conversation is enough to cause me to stop blinking often enough if I get too caught up in the convo... resulting in bone dry, painful eyes afterward.

Short of having someone follow me around poking me with a cattle prod every 3 seconds to remind me to blink, I'm not sure how to fix this haha
            It's quite simple -- make it a priority.

For example, make blinking a priority and whatever u do next as a secondary.

Watch netflix? Make blinking a priority, even if u cant concentrate on the netflix, after awhile you'll get used to it and ur sub-conscience will take over. i.e., its like driving, at first when you started driving, you probably couldnt drive while holding a conversation, but after awhile, you can drive and hold a conversation at the same time.

I make conscience blinks the #1 priority, when I work/walk/cook/relax, I make it a constant #1 priority to do full blinks as an exercise. It takes several wks to get used to it, but now i semi-consciously do full blinks all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
              Hi SAAG

Blinking - I put stickers everywhere at home, coffee machine, doors, etc.
              Also ask my family to remind by saying, blink - sounds strange/silly but might help.

Ointment without lanolin
              You asked this before, sorry hard to locate it so I reply here.
              Hard to find such ointment but maybe try GEL, with HA, like Thealoz Duo Gel or EvoTears (pure oil? - very expensive)
              All excellent tips! Thank-you!

Comment

It's quite simple -- make it a priority.

For example, make blinking a priority and whatever u do next as a secondary.

Watch netflix? Make blinking a priority, even if u cant concentrate on the netflix, after awhile you'll get used to it and ur sub-conscience will take over. i.e., its like driving, at first when you started driving, you probably couldnt drive while holding a conversation, but after awhile, you can drive and hold a conversation at the same time.

I make conscience blinks the #1 priority, when I work/walk/cook/relax, I make it a constant #1 priority to do full blinks as an exercise. It takes several wks to get used to it, but now i semi-consciously do full blinks all the time.
                Fair enough. You've given me hope that this can be accomplished with enough practice... I'll keep on trying - thank-you!!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post

Fair enough. You've given me hope that this can be accomplished with enough practice... I'll keep on trying - thank-you!!! :-)
                  Sometimes I would just sit there for hours and just blink every 2-3 seconds. You can open Netflix on the background, but the key is to make the blinking the primary task ; )

Comment

Great to hear that you are able to work on computers for 10+ hours per day! Very encouraging as I am going through the roughest patch. Quick questions!

1. Are you sticking to any kind of diet?

2. I am seeing Dr.Toyos, but believe people can benefit from upper lid IPL. How did you manage to find someone who does it in Canada?

3. How much are you paying for each session?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by wjdwhdjs View Post
                      Great to hear that you are able to work on computers for 10+ hours per day! Very encouraging as I am going through the roughest patch. Quick questions!

1. Are you sticking to any kind of diet?
                      Not in particular, but I naturally eat very healthy. Lots of protein, fiber, no carbs, no sugar, no processed food (i.e., canned/frozen/fast) nothing artificial. All fresh foods. I also eat lots of fish w high omega 3.

2. I am seeing Dr.Toyos, but believe people can benefit from upper lid IPL. How did you manage to find someone who does it in Canada?
                      If you are in Toronto area, PM me for dr.

3. How much are you paying for each session?
                      Thank you in advance.
                      300 CAD per session.

Comment

Do you think eating healthy has had a major impact on your TBUT? Did you have a % of gland loss given to you, I’m moderate to severe ? I went to get an expression today and she says the oil is clear however there’s just not much coming out. Was this the same for you? Has your oil improved in quantity?

Comment

Sometimes I would just sit there for hours and just blink every 2-3 seconds. You can open Netflix on the background, but the key is to make the blinking the primary task ; )
                          Yeah, when I'm on Netflix, remembering to blink is easy because I watch it on my laptop and have the blink reminders going off all the time. :-)

But when NOT online, that's when I struggle to remember to blink fully on purpose. I will keep practicing though - and try to keep the mindset that blinking is the primary activity, and everything else (conversations etc.) are secondary - hopefully it will eventually be something I don't keep forgetting to do in the absence of reminders.... you've shown what's possible to accomplish with persistence, and that will help keep me motivated!

Comment

Originally posted by Topher3 View Post
                            Do you think eating healthy has had a major impact on your TBUT? Did you have a % of gland loss given to you, I’m moderate to severe ? I went to get an expression today and she says the oil is clear however there’s just not much coming out. Was this the same for you? Has your oil improved in quantity?
                            I think it has some impact, I avoid trans-fats and bad fats, anything fried -- the theory is sound, if your glands have an oil problem, you should eat healthy oils. i.e., fish is good, beef is bad, olive oil is good, canola oil is bad.

I have moderate dropout , maybe 30-50%.

How much glands are functional for you? Don't always believe the meibography scans, some of my glands while dark (supposed dropout), still produce oil.

My glands have gone from some glands being thick toothpaste , to now more clear , but i also have a quantity problem.
                            Last edited by deep_dry_eye; 25-Mar-2019, 11:46.

Comment

Yes you’re probably right with the fats. I have about 30-40%. Atrophy. In regards to dropout you mean atrophy ? Not dropout of 40% of glands right?

Comment

I’m doing many of the things that you are doing...started in January it’s slow improvement. Did you ever consider scleral lenses? If not, why not?

I’m getting fitted for scleral now as I hope they will help get me back to work. I still plan on continuing all treatments as I want to maintain the MGs I have left...I have moderate to severe MGD.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X