1 week after Lipiflow - eyes worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 week after Lipiflow - eyes worse

I had Lipiflow done last week and my eyes are worse than they were before. Bone dry, more swollen and droopy than usual, blurry vision, I don't get that feeling of oil release when I do warm compresses like I used to, much more strained when looking at screens. I was blaming Lipiflow for this, thinking that all it did was make the underlying inflammation worse, but the one other thing that changed was they put me on Lotemax drops. I read some of the potential side effects of Lotemax and it can make your eyes drier and blurrier.

Is it possible Lotemax is making my eyes worse, or is it more likely that Lipiflow aggravated the inflammation? And what does that say about the source of inflammation if a steroid drop not only doesn't reduce it, but it actually gets worse?

I've been thinking of IPL as the next step, but maybe I should try some other drops? I was on oral Azithromycin for a while and it initially helped a lot but then the effects subsided. Maybe it's worth trying Azasite drops? Maybe Xiidra? But I do have this feeling like there's some sort of deeper swelling going on here, around and beneath the eyes, and maybe no drop will be able to penetrate and stop that.

Originally posted by lipino View Post
    I had Lipiflow done last week and my eyes are worse than they were before. Bone dry, more swollen and droopy than usual, blurry vision, I don't get that feeling of oil release when I do warm compresses like I used to, much more strained when looking at screens. I was blaming Lipiflow for this, thinking that all it did was make the underlying inflammation worse, but the one other thing that changed was they put me on Lotemax drops. I read some of the potential side effects of Lotemax and it can make your eyes drier and blurrier.

Is it possible Lotemax is making my eyes worse, or is it more likely that Lipiflow aggravated the inflammation? And what does that say about the source of inflammation if a steroid drop not only doesn't reduce it, but it actually gets worse?

I've been thinking of IPL as the next step, but maybe I should try some other drops? I was on oral Azithromycin for a while and it initially helped a lot but then the effects subsided. Maybe it's worth trying Azasite drops? Maybe Xiidra? But I do have this feeling like there's some sort of deeper swelling going on here, around and beneath the eyes, and maybe no drop will be able to penetrate and stop that.
    My first week after lipiflow was the worse one too. It gradually got better. I can’t say lipiflow helped me but I am a complicated case.

Comment

yeah, i would say give it more time , and also def give ipl a try

Comment

I had LipaFlow at least 9 weeks ago and my eyes are still worse than before. Does LipaFlow even work?

Comment

I had Lipiflow and my eyes were worse than before for 2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
            I had LipaFlow at least 9 weeks ago and my eyes are still worse than before. Does LipaFlow even work?
            You do the compress right at home, its not necessary to get lipiflow imho. It’s too invasive and it’s a treatment that has to be repeated. Doesn’t make sense for most people. Matter of fact, this is not really for dry eye sufferers like us...again, my honest opinion. I think it’s for older people with mild dry eye and sluggish glands.

Comment

Is the lotemax preserved or non preserved? If it is preserved that could easily be your problem.

I think that IPL is a more effective treatment than lipiflow, based on my observations

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm hopeful that IPL will help. I'm only nervous about potential skin burns because I'm a Fitzpatrick 4 skin tone. But my eyes are more important.

The Lotemax is in the bottle so it must be preserved. But after the first week things did get better. There is some good and bad - it's not as dry when I wake up now. I don't have to immediately reach for the drops just to open my eyes. They're dry but I can open them fine. But my vision throughout the day is blurrier. Hopefully that is just temporary from the Lotemax which I'm off now.

I wouldn't recommend Lipiflow to anyone unless you've exhausted all options. I don't know if this is normal or not but even after that $800 Lipiflow treatment, I still have a stye that didn't go away. It's like a little whitehead pimple in the eyelid and it has been there for years.

Lipiflow is also a bizarre feeling to have things that sit on top of your eyeballs. You feel like there could easily be some damage being done. And it does not feel like it's doing $800+ worth of work. The main benefit of Lipiflow is that it heats up under your eyelid. But if you take a steam bath with your eyes open and do eyelid clenches it's a similar thing. Buying a steam shower for your home isn't cheap, but neither is Lipiflow. Plus there are a lot of other benefits to taking a steam.

Comment

I doubt that they would do the IPL if your skin can't tolerate it. They do evaluate your skin type first because that is really critical and will dictate the power of the laser applied to the skin.

Comment

Working...
                  X