Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Chicago for 2 nights with work - can I pick up Xiidra (UK based)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Chicago for 2 nights with work - can I pick up Xiidra (UK based)

Is this possible? If so, where?

There are two obstacles:
    1) You need a prescription from a US doctor (you will need to pre-make an appointment).
    2) You need a pharmacy that has Xiidra in stock (most pharamcies should have it, but you want 1 that can provide you with at least 6-12 months of supply in 1 shot; you can call ahead for this).

It's (very) possible -- but you just have to plan carefully.

Comment

Thanks. Any suggestions for good dry eye doctors in Chicago?

Comment

Originally posted by jm95dryeye View Post
        Thanks. Any suggestions for good dry eye doctors in Chicago?
        Sorry -- I am based in Toronto. You can try googling for Drs in Chicago that offer LipiFlow/IPL -- that's probably a good place to start.

Comment

UIC Chicago Pradeep Jain

Comment

Too bad you can't get it in Canada, US prescriptions are outrageously expensive. The first time I got Restasis prescribed I had a US prescription and when I went to get it she, without batting an eyelid, said "That will be $350." I was stunned and declined the prescription. When I got back to Canada the same prescription, if I remember correctly, was $60 at Costco with a coupon.

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
              Too bad you can't get it in Canada, US prescriptions are outrageously expensive. The first time I got Restasis prescribed I had a US prescription and when I went to get it she, without batting an eyelid, said "That will be $350." I was stunned and declined the prescription. When I got back to Canada the same prescription, if I remember correctly, was $60 at Costco with a coupon.
              Generic Cyclosporin is now available in Canada. Restasis (and most drugs) are cheaper in Canada because it is partially subsidized by the government.

Comment

Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post

Generic Cyclosporin is now available in Canada. Restasis (and most drugs) are cheaper in Canada because it is partially subsidized by the government.
                I am not sure where you are got this information but I sincerely doubt that the Government subsidizes Restasis in Canada. Here is a bulletin that I found regarding the drug in Canada and the Canadian Drug Advisory Committee's stand on it.

https://www.cadth.ca/sites/default/f...ept-2-11_e.pdf

Comment

Working...
                X