Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toxic Effects of Benzalkonium Chloride (BAK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toxic Effects of Benzalkonium Chloride (BAK)

An article that shows how BAK can induce dry eye in just 7 days!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubme...722696/related

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post
    An article that shows how BAK can induce dry eye in just 7 days!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubme...722696/related
    I think it is just criminal that the drug companies continue to use BAK in light of the fact that there is ample evidence it is destructive to the ocular surface. It is not like there are no alternatives!!

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post

I think it is just criminal that the drug companies continue to use BAK in light of the fact that there is ample evidence it is destructive to the ocular surface. It is not like there are no alternatives!!
      I can't find a single opthalmic drop (other than lubricating eye drops) that's supposed to deliver drugs to the ocular surface without the preservative as BAK. That's a shame for the pharmaceutical industry.

Perhaps they deliberately want people to get BAK induced dry eye so that they make profits by exploiting the dry eye community. Signs of a conspiracy theory here lol.

Comment

I manage to find non preserved antibiotics and steroids in Canada, and I know that there are non preserved glaucoma drops available in the US and Canada so there are some out there if you look but they are not always available in all countries.

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
          I manage to find non preserved antibiotics and steroids in Canada, and I know that there are non preserved glaucoma drops available in the US and Canada so there are some out there if you look but they are not always available in all countries.
          Not available in India unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
          X