Intermittent Relief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent Relief

My glands stopped producing oil, and I was in extreme pain for several years. I recently cut out coffee and started using warm compresses and manual gland expression with forceps. My glands started to flow again for months, and I had relief. Suddenly they dried up again, and I have no idea why. I did not change anything. Why are my glands acting up? Manual expression and warm compress no longer works.

Any enviornmental, diet changes? do you take new medication, new drops?
    Do you have inflammation (demodex, bacteria), aqueous issues?
    What lid cleanser are you using? Most doctors in USA recommend Avenova which contains pure HOCL to control bacterial load.
    Wise to avoid sugar, processed food.

Do you express gland with forceps by yourself? Not sure if it is a good idea, a bit risky?

Important is you need to know your root causes.

Last edited by MGD1701; 18-Apr-2019, 07:39.

Comment

Are you on any medication? Xiidra, Restasis and IPL can all help. What is your current treatment protocol beyond home remedies.

Comment

I'm not on any meds, and I don't think I changed my diet. I recently got a pack of pork sausages, that is the only thing that has changed.

Its not that my glands are blocked, they are just not secreting anything all of a sudden.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven93 View Post
          I'm not on any meds, and I don't think I changed my diet. I recently got a pack of pork sausages, that is the only thing that has changed.

Its not that my glands are blocked, they are just not secreting anything all of a sudden.
          I would suggest you to get on some medication. This is a chronic disease and progresses without proper treatment. Hopefully with the proper treatment plan, we can reverse the progress. I would suggest Restasis, Xiidra and IPL are a good place to start. For home care, I would suggest Omega 3 and GLAs.

Comment

I recently found out similar thing happening with myself. But it was not the glands specifically. It seems like the whole system oil production was reduced. I realised it when I saw reduced inflammation on my chest - I have seb derm and I had inflamed region on my chest where a lot of sebum was produced (and as people with seb derm know, the inflamation is caused by allergic reaction to overgrowth of yeast in the sebum, so more sebum, more yeast, more inflamation). Right when my eyes suddenly got worse I noticed that this inflamed region on my chest suddenly almost gone. That means less "oil" is currently produced by the whole body, not just glands, and that may also be your case. I find relief from sauna though

Comment

Working...
            X