Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rinse Xiidra out of your eyes after ten minutes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rinse Xiidra out of your eyes after ten minutes?

I'm new here so I'll just dive in. Been using Xiidra off and on for six months. It definitely works; I don't hardly use Systane drops any more. But the burning and blurriness is hard to handle. Lately I've been putting my drops in, and if my eyes are still blurry ten minutes later I put some Systane in both eyes. Works like a charm, the blurriness is gone and there's no residual burning. I just wonder if anyone has run that by their doctor. The question is: am I reducing the effects of the Xiidra? Or does it matter?
    I haven't found anyone anywhere on any forum who has said they do this, so I'm really interested in opinions or if anyone else does it.

Yes -- it would reduce the effect. Think about it, imagine if you took antibiotics but after 10 mins u flush it out of ur system. You need the active ingredients there. The stinging will slowly go away with usage. Part of the reason there is stinging might be nerve damage from your dry eyes -- hopefully as your dry eyes improve, the nerve heals and the will become less sensitive.

Comment

Sounds logical. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
      X