Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about compresses

Hi,

I had blephex done a little while ago and was told to continue doing warm compresses after I had it done. Some days I have not done them as I wanted to get inflammation of eyelid down, so used cold compresses instead.

Lately I have been doing the warm ones though and nothing seems to happen. Before this I'd get oil out of my glands and they'd be blurry. Now when I do them my eyes are not blurry and though they feel a bit wet while its on it is not like it used to be.

After Blephex I had a ton of discharge come out of my eyes.

I still use eye drops regularly. At least once a day I have to "flush" my eyes out with either drops or under a shower as there seems to be some kind of buildup that makes my eyes sting.

What I'd like to know is, should my eyes still be getting blurry after doing the compresses? Is it possible Blephex unclogged the glands so the oil is coming out as it should so they actually won't go blurry when I use the compresses now because there is no back-up of oil to come out? Or is this a sign I have gotten worse?

I still get a lot of white gunk in my eyes. No professional so far has really explained what that is, if it's oil that is "bad quality" or some other issue.

I should say too I didn't use the anti-inflammatory drops they wanted me to use after Blephex as I believe I can't even take them due to another issue I have.

I use a USB warm compress from Amazon (Roughly $20 USD) twice a day for 15 minutes at 108 degrees F and I can tell you it makes a big difference in my overall comfort. To answer your question on blurriness, I don't notice any at all after the warm compress but my feeling of eyelid fatigue or sore eyes definitely improves after the compress.

Everyone's symptoms are different and some benefit more from cold compress, but I wouldn't say it's a sign of getting worse if you don't notice oils expressing immediately after a warm compress. Any sign of progress is a win in my book! Do you do a gentle lid scrub or massage after your warm compress? I find my oils flow much better during the day while blinking when I do a lid scrub every morning. I use OcuSoft Foam. I also gently massage my eyelids up and down with lotion twice a day when I feel the oils aren't flowing as well.

Comment

Hi Glucoa, Thanks a lot for answering. Did you have Blephex done also?

I do clean my eyes, sometimes it feels like they are more wet after I do that. However usually it's not after I do the compress.

Comment

Originally posted by How View Post
        Hi Glucoa, Thanks a lot for answering. Did you have Blephex done also?

I do clean my eyes, sometimes it feels like they are more wet after I do that. However usually it's not after I do the compress.
        You got it. And regarding gland treatments, I have MiboFlo done every 5-6 weeks and it provides quite a bit of inflammation relief. It's more of a ongoing maintenance procedure IMO and only costs $75 per session here in Southern California. I've also been considering IPL for a while now and have seen great progress by many of the members here.

Comment

Hi Glucoa,

Thanks for helping, I have never even heard of MiboFlo..Do you have to take any medicated drops after having it done? How was it to have done, was it at all painful?

Comment

Working...
          X