Best Eye Mask/Treatment for Nocturnal Lagopthalmos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Eye Mask/Treatment for Nocturnal Lagopthalmos

What is the best way to treat nocturnal lagopthalmos?

Looked into two masks for it, but both have negative reviews saying that the masks break easily after a few months. Is there anything better out there?

1. https://www.amazon.com/Tranquileyes-...ay&sr=8-1&th=1

2. https://www.amazon.com/Eyeseals-Hydr...s%2C131&sr=8-3

For something semi pricey, I'd really prefer something that doesn't break. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Kabuto; 31-May-2019, 10:18.

As a very long time sufferer of this my latest help is the eyeseals 4.0 over the tranqueil eyes. But fit for everyone I understand is a problem. The eyeseals fit me perfectly. So good I no longer have to use ointment. I hated to spend the money on them but it turns out it is so much cheaper than buying the ointment. When I take them off in the morning it is moist around my eyes. I was born with problem and I am over 70. The Tranquil eyes were just not good for me, does not mean they are not good for you. Made by the same company. They have other goggles here at the dry eye shop. Just have to keep trying until you get the right one. Hopefully on the first try. As for diagnosing, my eye doc could tell my lids were not closing properly. Which is why when I got up in the morning I wanted to remove my eyeballs.

Comment

It's hard to pick. I wish I can try them on before purchase. Any way to share a link to the ideal mask?

Comment

I wish I had a way of trying on masks or knowing which is best. Would a regular mask work? (like one from an airplane), or do I need a specialized one?

Comment

I wish I could try on masks and find out which is best. What would you recommend for someone with no idea which mask is best? (And a cheap yet effective option)

P.S.: Would a regular eye mask work or do I need a specialized one with goggles?

Comment

You would want one that seals in moisture and not dry your eyes out. You can try and tape them shut. Works for some. Check the dry eye shop here for ideas.

Comment

I have found the best way to treat this is by using either Glad Wrap or Glad Press N seal from the grocery store.. just place. Piece over each eye that is about 2” x 2” just before you get in bed.. there is just enough stickiness to hold your lids closed all night .. I add ointment or get first before the Glad Wrap and makes like a little moisture chamber and doesn’t rip your skin off like tape does! Works amazingly!!!

Comment

I like the eyeseals too but mine also broke after a few months. I agree it is pricey for that kind of durability.

I saw on YouTube some guy making custom shoe insoles using silicone compound. He basically shaped it and let it cure, and I wonder if I can make a mask the same way.

Comment

Working...
                X