Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lipiflow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lipiflow

    I had Lipiflow done yesterday and I did not have much oil come out of my eyes. Is this normal? Also I am not feeling any different than before I had the Lipiflow treatment.

  • #2
    LipiFlow is very good at removing internal blockages in your glands, however, it does not fundamentally tackle the issue of why there were blockages in the first place.

    It may take a few wks for you to feel the difference.

    What other treatment plans are you on, typically LipiFlow is only part of the treatment plan, as opposed to being the core of the treatment plan.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by AbbyWay View Post
      I had Lipiflow done yesterday and I did not have much oil come out of my eyes. Is this normal? Also I am not feeling any different than before I had the Lipiflow treatment.
      I had lipiflow done 2 weeks ago i havent notice a difference i actually feel worse i had probing done once already and that didn't work either i couldnt tolerate sclerals I'm running out of options I'm beginning to wonder if this dog i got for my daughter is causing my mgd. What was your lipiview oil test score or whatever they call it mines was at 37 my eyes are so bad that i cant tolerate driving

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dryeyes1984 View Post

        I had lipiflow done 2 weeks ago i havent notice a difference i actually feel worse i had probing done once already and that didn't work either i couldnt tolerate sclerals I'm running out of options I'm beginning to wonder if this dog i got for my daughter is causing my mgd. What was your lipiview oil test score or whatever they call it mines was at 37 my eyes are so bad that i cant tolerate driving
        Have you tried IPL, Azithromycin (Topical or Oral)?

        I'm shocked you tried probing before other alternatives, usually probing is reserved for severe blockages. Which country are you in?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post

          Have you tried IPL, Azithromycin (Topical or Oral)?

          I'm shocked you tried probing before other alternatives, usually probing is reserved for severe blockages. Which country are you in?
          I'm in the USA been to so many doctors but no solution yet only think that has work a little bit is minocycline the workplace where i used to work at is extremely hot and wore contacts all 6 years while i was there i think thats what messed up my meibomian glands not alot of doctors where I'm from chicago offer ipl I'll ask for azithromicyn next time

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post

            Have you tried IPL, Azithromycin (Topical or Oral)?

            I'm shocked you tried probing before other alternatives, usually probing is reserved for severe blockages. Which country are you in?
            I'm in the USA been to so many doctors but no solution yet only think that has helped a little is minocycline i was working at this job for 6 years which was extremely hot with contacts on all the time of course i would take them of after getting home but ii think this is what led to my mgd my eye are so bad right nowi cant even drive or stare at anything not alot of doctors in Chicago offer ipl I'll look into azithromicyn thanks

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dryeyes1984 View Post

              I'm in the USA been to so many doctors but no solution yet only think that has helped a little is minocycline i was working at this job for 6 years which was extremely hot with contacts on all the time of course i would take them of after getting home but ii think this is what led to my mgd my eye are so bad right nowi cant even drive or stare at anything not alot of doctors in Chicago offer ipl I'll look into azithromicyn thanks
              You have hope if you respond to minocycline. Since you are in the USA, you only have access to AzaSite and not Azyter -- I don't recommend AzaSite since it has preservatives. I would recommend you to try oral azithromycin (z-pack, for 5 days), get on Xiidra AND Restasis (BID). These 3 drugs will help control and reduce your inflammation. Also look into IPL, which can further reduce and control inflammation and make your glands secrete better quality oils.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post

                You have hope if you respond to minocycline. Since you are in the USA, you only have access to AzaSite and not Azyter -- I don't recommend AzaSite since it has preservatives. I would recommend you to try oral azithromycin (z-pack, for 5 days), get on Xiidra AND Restasis (BID). These 3 drugs will help control and reduce your inflammation. Also look into IPL, which can further reduce and control inflammation and make your glands secrete better quality oils.
                Xidra didn't do anything for me lacrisert neither all doctors say I'm a special case they never seen anything like my situation sometimes i wish well you know the rest

                Comment


                • #9
                  Dryeyes1984 have you tried plugs, moisture chamber glasses, reducing time on computers and personal devices, diet...etc, etc.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
                    Dryeyes1984 have you tried plugs, moisture chamber glasses, reducing time on computers and personal devices, diet...etc, etc.
                    I have plugs last doctor told me i produced tears just no oil i also have blepharitis I'm hardly on screens due to my eyes drying out quickly i have mc glasses but they dont really help next thing I'm trying out i might have to go vegan see if that'll help. I'm also going to go get probe i felt relief when i got it done the 1st time but when i i went to work in that hot *** warehouse and i think my glands got clogged again thank you for your advice

                    Comment

                    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X

                    Debug Information