Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I hurt myself by taking Allergra D too long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I hurt myself by taking Allergra D too long?

Six months ago I was getting double vision while driving. Noticing green/red lights were doubling in both eyes. Speed signs were doubled also. Eye drops would clear it up until they evaporated. It got worse where on rainy days other car headlight/taillights were doubling now along with the street light tripling. Off I went to my eye dr who said there is nothing wrong with my eyes. So I went to an eye optometrist who specializes in optical & scleral lens. She tested my eyes and said they were very dry. Also did a wave test and said there are waves slight (no cornea damage) but they were waves from dryness on both eyes. She said it is MGD, recommended warm eye mask 20 min 2 times a day, drops at bed time and scleral lens. She said it is not a tumor issue because my optic nerve would look wrong and mine is fine. The dry waves are the problem. I go for a follow up at 6 weeks.

I started thera tears drops and their eye nutrition pills 3 a day. Also 4 - 24 oz bottles of water a day to hydrate. Also doing the warm eye mask 2 times a day. The scleral lens are great.They take care of most vision issues. I still have very slight double vision at green street lights. My question is why did it happen? Looking back 2 years ago I fainted broke my nose had surgery and had taken Allegra D 3 times a week for the full 2 years. It helped me with congestion. My question is did I hurt myself by taking Allegra D for so long? I had no dry eye side affects until 6 months ago when this all started.

There is no dry eye problems that run in my family and the only other thing I could think of was I really didn't drink enough water. I have always been that way though.To be honest I also drank at least 1 redbull a day which I know dehydrates you. I don't take any supplements but a B12 oral spray because I eat very little meat. I do eat a pretty health besides the energy drinks. Which I have stopped completely.

Going to ask if I have any MG drop-out on my follow up. I can say after about a full 2 weeks with the treatment and water and not taking any Allegra D I can wear my regular glasses and still have the vision issues but it has gotten a bit clearer. The scleral lens are wonderful I just hope I am not tied to them for the rest of my life.
    Last edited by ncc1701; 25-Jun-2019, 12:48.
Working...
X