Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have news on when the fingerprick blood therapy for eyes will be available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have news on when the fingerprick blood therapy for eyes will be available?

Hi. Any news on when the fingerprick blood therapy for eyes will be routinely available? It ought to be really cheap, easily available and no side effects.

Hi it's already available in the sense that the idea is that you do this yourself at home with a lancet (you will have to buy that yourself at the chemist).
    As you apply the blood drops several times a day, you wouldn't go to a hospital to get this done.
    I was told by a consultant at Moorfields last year off the record to try it but I am too squirmish so never mustered up the courage to do it.

Comment

Hi Alix
      i am a staff nurse in a diabetic outpatient department so this wouldn't be a problem for me but I would like yo read some research papers on this 1st.

Comment

That’s fair enough. It looks like the clinical trials are still in progress. I was told off the record that there can be no adverse effects from applying your own blood to your eyes as it’s all natural, the only thing to be careful about is hygiene like washing your hands before and after but you would know better about this than me.

Comment

Def go for it, its not that bad to get a little sting drop it into your eyes really.. I tried it for 3 months, didt bother in the long run as it did not really help me:/ i have mgd/bleph and a bit lower than usual tear production

Comment

Hi Adish. Thanks for your post. Disappointing that it didn’t really help but sounds like you do not have severe dry eye. I apologise if I hav3 got that wrong. Did it sting or maj3vyour eyes react all?

Comment

Working...
            X